Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where the wild things are

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

took the kids to "where the wild things are"  WORST MOVIE EVER! it was dark, depressing, pointless and just long and stupid. my 2 year old kept saying "get out of here" and 5 year old kept asking "is it over yet?" don't waste your time or money! it was so soooo awful!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
samthecat001
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM

i disagree.
me and my hubbs and my 6 year old and my almost 17 year old LOVED LOVED LOVED it.  the packed theater we were in loved it too - all the clapping at the end was cute.
there are definitely darker parts and lots of themes that older kids/adults would get more than the little ones - but my 6 year old loved it.
we are buying it the second it comes out on dvd.

"Fine. Let's take a vote. Who wants fish for dinner?...Yeah, democracy ain't so fun when it fucks you, huh?" Justins dad

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Yeah, I didn't get how they could turn a 10 page book, with one sentence a page, into an 90 minute movie without it being really dull and boring. I'm not surprised that it didn't do well.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

natalex26
by on Mar. 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I thought this movie was the longest commercial for PROZAC I had ever seen!!!! My kids hated it and so did I!

Sadly I really loved the book. I cant believe they did this to such a cute story!!!!

I am a college going mom of 2 girls. Air Force Wife. Currently expecting #3. I public school, VAX, Breastfeed in public covered up, I try not to spank, I do time outs, I love my Husband and family, I cook, clean, I am a SAHM, I love life but could use more honest, loyal, & caring friends....I love to swap recipes...let's share!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Same here!

Quoting wickedfiress:

Yeah, I didn't get how they could turn a 10 page book, with one sentence a page, into an 90 minute movie without it being really dull and boring. I'm not surprised that it didn't do well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)