Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's for supper??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM
  • 24 Replies

I feel like I have the same things OVER and OVER. 

What are you having for supper???  Willing to share your recipe???

THANKS!!!!!!!

Pregnancy%20ticker

in lovelistening to tunesboy on a swingice cream
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM

papa johns 

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:21 PM

We had a roast with carrots, potatoes and celery

salad and rolls

macysmama1206
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Italian chicken chowder and garlic bread.  It is a new recipe so don't know if it will be any good or not!  Try Kraftfoods.com, they have a bunch of really good and easy recipes.  I get almost all of mine from there!

Drippiningirls
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM

roasted and terriaki pork tenderloin, scalloped potatoes and corn

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:26 PM

FRIED TACOS!!!  Yummy!

bean06162004
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Hotdogs & hamburgers - leftovers from football party yesterday.

AprilDJC
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Homemade tacos. We're doing soft and crunchy as usual. here's my easy healthy and yummy recipe:

1.25 lb lean ground turkey

1 can low sodium black beans or refried beans

Seasonings (Mrs Dash southwestern chipotle, Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika to taste--I normally mix it in a bowl before adding to the meat about 1 tbsp each Mrs Dash seasoning, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, and 1 tbsp paprika)

shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, diced onion, chopped jalapenos, or whatever veggies you like on your tacos

shredded cheese

light sour cream

white corn taco shells and soft corn tortillas (I use corn because it has less fat than flour and has much more flavor)

Brown the ground turkey in a skillet. Once its done, add a half cup of water and the seasonings to taste. Overseason just a bit since you will be putting the beans in too. If using black beans, drain and rinse then add to the turkey. For refried beans, just open and add straight to the turkey. Mix well and heat through.  heat the taco shells in the oven, and the tortillas on a griddle or skillet or microwave if you want. Spread with a little sour cream, top with the meat and bean mixture, a bit of shredded cheese if you like, and whatever veggies you prefer. Yummy, healthy, and inexpensive.

kennethsmom910
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Turkey burgers!

US Marine Graphic

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I am making Chicken Cordon Bleu with a mushroom sauce over homemade green pasta.

Chicken breasts pounded thin, put on a thin slice of ham and a slice of swiss cheese and roll up. Secure with toothpicks

Heat 1 TB butter in 10 inch skillet over medium low for 20 minutes until tender and juices run clear. Turn to brown evenly.

Sauce;

melt 2 TB butter, add in 1 cup sliced mushrooms, 1 clove of minced garlic and saute until tender. Stir in 2 TB flour and 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1 cup milk. Stir and cook until thickened. Cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in 2 TB white wine

Serve over noodles of your choice.

I am using my homemade green pasta.

2.5 cups all purpose flour

2 eggs

1/2 TB water

1/2 cup sneaky chef green puree(www.sneakychef.com, free recipes)

I knead it all up in my kitchenaid then use my pasta  roller/cutter attachments

AprilDJC
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:29 PM

You can also go to www.mrsdash.com and go to their recipe section. They have some really really good low fat, low sodium recipes that I and my family LOVE! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)