Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOB- MIL let my 3 year old ride in the front seat of her car.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

At least that is what my 3 year said.  I am not sure what to believe.  My first reaction was to rip my MIL's face off.  I called her but only got her voice mail.  So I am at work now and my husband talked to her about it.  She told him that when she was pulling down her street that he (my son)  unbuckled himself and slid into the passengers seat and they just drove down the street into her driveway.  I don't think I believe her story.  My son has never unbuckled himself in my car because it's not okay.  If he thinks it's okay to unbuckle himself and get out of his seat then as an adult you should let him know sternly that it's not okay.  I mean driving down a side street doesn't sound like a big deal but to me it's a very big deal if my son thinks it's okay to get out of his seat while someone is driving.  Also I am just not sure I believe her story.  What if it wasn't just driving down the street.  What if it's was on a major street and someone hit her and the air bag was released?  If she makes judgements that are this bad I don't think it's safe to leave her with my son unchaperoned.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Ah yes, blame it on the little 3 yo. I don't believe her, she probably just said that to make herself look better.

LaySea
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Ask your son , very casually telling him he will not be in trouble, "hey what happened in Grandma's car?"  Seriously, that woman did not stop the car and tell your child it is dangerous and wrong to unbuckle himself, no matter how close you are to home?  Sounds fishy to me.

JenniferZiemba
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Can anyone send me some links to articles about children dying due to being placed in the front seat.

carygrantfan
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM

thankfully your son is safe.  my mom has eye problems and i've told her several times she cannot drive my kids.  she keeps "forgetting.'  i told her the last time if it happens again, we will not visit again.  maybe that would wake up your mil.

JenniferZiemba
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I think I am going to have to tell she can't see him alone.  It sounds harsh but I am afraid of other bad decisions that she might make.

Quoting carygrantfan:

thankfully your son is safe.  my mom has eye problems and i've told her several times she cannot drive my kids.  she keeps "forgetting.'  i told her the last time if it happens again, we will not visit again.  maybe that would wake up your mil.

JenniferZiemba
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)