Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you be lazy if you work a full time demanding job???

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM
  • 49 Replies

Dh works a full time job, and honestly if he came home and did nothing more I would not think he was lazy. I would be irritaited because I would want hom to help out with the kids but lazy, not so much.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM

agreed

CAarmywife
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM

i would think it was lazy if he wasnt helping with the kids. my husband was like that and i called him  a deadbeat and he stepped it up

Sagely
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Well I work a full-time demanding job.  I think if I were to come home and not do anything...I'd be a lazy mother, wife, housekeeper, etc.

catk78
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:54 PM

To me that is lazy. I have 3 small children and I work nights part time. My job is never ending. I wake up with the kids and sometimes keep going until 8am the next morning. If my job is 24-7, then there is no way my dh gets to go to work for 8 hours and kick up his feet when he gets home. Every couple is different, in my situation my dh would be VERY lazy if he did that and even more he would have a boot up his ass!!!!

bean06162004
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Very true!! And i agree :)

I'm a single mother and sometimes when I get home from work I look at my dishes or the clothes on the floor and I say "screw it" and lay on the couch. Call me lazy if you want, but sometimes when you get done with work, all you want to do is take a BREAK when you get home!

shajdinyak

Agree!

Quoting CAarmywife:

i would think it was lazy if he wasnt helping with the kids. my husband was like that and i called him  a deadbeat and he stepped it up

carygrantfan

he may not be lazy at work, but if a spouse -hubby or wife - comes home from work and doesn't help with kids and/or housework, then they are lazy at home.  parenting is a 24/7 job, even for the parent(s) who spend 8-12 (or more) hrs a day earning the money to support the family.

RiverPhenix
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM

My DH got home about 1/2 hour ago and worked overtime (WHOOOHOOOO! First time in over a year) and he is now giving the kids a bath.  I told him I would give the kids a bath and he said no no I want to. I LOVE MY HUBSAND!!!!

My dad will call just to chat and ask me what DH is doing and I will say laying on the couch and he will say hmmm he hasn't anything better to do? I just laugh and say I remember when that is all you did after work, you were tired right? He changes the subject! LOL

nemiller
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM

i'm assuming this is a S/O post and honestly?  my husband is an adult with functioning limbs.  he can make his own food if he feels like i'm not moving fast enough.  i work, too.  and if he feels like he has the right to come home and boss me around, i'll put our son in daycare and work full-time as well, so we can split the housework and childcare right down the middle.  i've offered this to him before, and he's not too keen on the idea.  so i'll be damned if i'm made to feel bad because he works outside the home.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Wow, I guess I grew up in a totally differnt world than most of you. Lazy to me is sitting on your butt all day long and doing nothing. Working a full time job means that yea, you should always help where you live but someone else that is not workign there butt off should be doing the bulk of the at home stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)