Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Momma's who work/have worked in Customer Service... (slight vent)

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM
  • 57 Replies

I've worked in retail since i was 18 and i've got plenty of pet peeves and rants when it comes down to customers. Like everytime we are out of something that someone is specifically looking for they have to ask "well do you know when you'll have more in?" They may not get that it all depends on what we get on the truck but still i'm so tired of that question! Or customers who call to ask if you have this item or that item... now i understand if u live an hour away but if you don't get off your behind and come in and look for yourself I have customers in the store that need help.

So what are some of yours?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:09 PM

well, i personally hate going to a store to find they dont have what i need. thats why its called customer service..lol

CafeMom Tickers

kat247
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I used to work in CS and what really got to me is when they came in being an ass.Its like their goal was to piss me off.I had this one lady call me a cracker just because the price went up...um hello...I didn't fucking raise the price. 

LA8YBUG
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I was a Bank teller for many years so I get what your saying, but you are employed to represent the company that pays you for "customer service", who is the customer supposed to ask?  I have asked the very same questions and get short quick anwers from the customer service reps , and that is one of my pet peeves.  Just sayin....

newfound09
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM

All the same its still slightly annoying getting 5 phone calls about WII controllers in a 4 hr shift and this happens almost every night i work. Same thing with anything else WII related. I've started recommending to people (outside of work) that if they can get it online cause my store has been out of most of that stuff since a week before christmas.

Quoting LA8YBUG:

I was a Bank teller for many years so I get what your saying, but you are employed to represent the company that pays you for "customer service", who is the customer supposed to ask?  I have asked the very same questions and get short quick anwers from the customer service reps , and that is one of my pet peeves.  Just sayin....

Korkor
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I hate hate hate... "The customer's always right!"  I'm sorry, if you are asking me to break the law then you are NOT right.. UGGG! I hated people who wanted me to sell alcohol to them on Sundays when we didn't have a license for Sunday sales.. Or Tax Exempt alcohol.. Against the law! We didn't have a lisence to sell it Tax Exempt!!! Or the Nun who called me a B!tch because I refused to tax exempt her alcohol.. or the lady who slapped me because I asked to see the item she was exchanging... I also don't like having to stall my customer.. They assaulted someone and the police are on their way so I have to pretend to be the stupidest person on Earth and slowly return their item asking all kinds of dumb questions.  Hmmm, what about the time the man was stealing software and NO ONE could figure out how he was doing it til I explained it to them.. GRRR! He bought one, brought it in to exchange it.. went and got the new one then decided he didn't want to return it so as he left with the old one he grabbed the new one that he had brought to the desk to exchange it with.. I could go on all day... SERIOUSLY!! LOL

Come on over and join my new group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/wishuponamom
lcappytan05
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I have worked in customer service and none of this stuff has ever bothered me...It was part of the job *shrugs*

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

mamajen07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

i worked in a fedex call centre. worst. job. EVER. i couldn't tell you how many self righteous idiots i spoke to. some had EVERY reason to be upset and irate, but man! a little calmer and a little nicer gets you a LOT farther than being a bitch!

LA8YBUG

I agree...If I can buy something online, I would rather do that.  Some places don't have online services for certain things though, so I do call the different stores to see if they have it so I don't have to drive to 5 stores to find out that they don't have it.  :)  (I don't want to lug the kids all around)

lovinmykiddo07

I hate any questions related to the Wii. When I worked in electronics at the BX I swear about 100 people a night owuld ask when we would get the Wii, can we hold it for them, ect... Ahhhh no questions about the Wii!

Quoting newfound09:

All the same its still slightly annoying getting 5 phone calls about WII controllers in a 4 hr shift and this happens almost every night i work. Same thing with anything else WII related. I've started recommending to people (outside of work) that if they can get it online cause my store has been out of most of that stuff since a week before christmas.

Quoting LA8YBUG:

adulation
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM

i've never worked specifically in "customer service" for a large store or anything,  but i've worked in retail for years.  i don't mind people calling to ask if we have something - i like when a customer knows what they want. makes it easy.

what i don't like is when a customer wants me to call 7 other locations to ask if they have something in their size.  how about i give you the numbers and you call them yourself? =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)