Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a ? plz help ......no bashing

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM
  • 46 Replies

ok i have a question about car seats .

my six month old seems to be getting too big for his infant car seat .but im not sure ?how do you know when baby is to tall /big for the infant car seat ???

and does anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper car seat that will be good for rear facing or ff  ???

plz dont bash im just asking a Q this is my first baby so im not sure about this

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM

plz bump if you dont know ty

CountryGirl0809
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM

you can get a convertiable carseat.   It is the big ones.   They can still be rear faced  untill they are 1 yr and 20 lbs.   I have the Evenflo one.   holds up to 100 lbs. 

amayabrianna
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

If the shell is less than 1 inch from the top of the head or if they are over for weight then it is outgrown. I have this one that is RF or FF and it is awesome!!!

Cosco - Scenera 5-Point Convertible Car Seat, Daisy Dazehttp://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8054494

It rear faces to 35 lbs and FF to 40 lbs. It runs about $55 at walmart. THere are many others that will FF and RF but they do run higher what is your budget? 

__Pro_Choice_is_NOT______stamp_by_T.gif Pro Choice not Pro Abortion image by croatoan5376ifyoucant30.jpg pro choice image by karmaschaos3756f1d9.jpg menstruation is murder! image by karmaschaosPro-choice.gif Pro choice image by Treehugger30

thextended-rear-facing.gif image by MommabunchCopyofFinalcarseatblinkie.gif image by Mommabunch

adulation
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

get the convertible car seat.  just rear face it.  i wish i had never bought the infant car seat in the first place.  Lila was in it for maybe 10 months.  i should've just bought the convertible car seat in the first place.  lesson learned.

little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Check your manuel and it will have the height/weight reqs for the seat. If you don't have the manuel check the manufacturers website. A convertible is rear and forward facing and come in all price ranges.

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Most infant seats have a 20-22 lb limit

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:27 PM

thanks i think i found the perfect carseat its 65$ it even comes with a video on how to install it rf or ff

Evenflo - Tribute Convertible Car Seat

gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:27 PM

This is a good seat and a great price BUT...be aware...if you want her harnessed and safe for a while....you will have to get another seat after this one (but not right away...this one would prolly be good until age 3 at least- I have a chunker and she JUST switched at age 3). It is now suggested that you harness FF until at least 65 lbs or 9 yo. I think the Britax Regent will RF  to 40 lbs AND FF to 65 lbs (then booster to 100 lbs) but it is pretty pricey.

Quoting amayabrianna:

If the shell is less than 1 inch from the top of the head or if they are over for weight then it is outgrown. I have this one that is RF or FF and it is awesome!!!

Cosco - Scenera 5-Point Convertible Car Seat, Daisy Dazehttp://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8054494

It rear faces to 35 lbs and FF to 40 lbs. It runs about $55 at walmart. THere are many others that will FF and RF but they do run higher what is your budget?

Happy Valentines Day!!

gypsydancer7
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I **think** someone (one of the carseat safety gals) posted that this one was NOT a good carseat.....I would keep bumping the post or head over to the CS Safety group and find out for sure

Quoting babie113:

thanks i think i found the perfect carseat its 65$ it even comes with a video on how to install it rf or ff

Evenflo - Tribute Convertible Car Seat

Happy Valentines Day!!

purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM

We use the MyRide65 and LOVE it.  We didn't move our youngest into it until she was a year old though.  She still RFs and she's almost 17 months.  The seat is nice, easy to use, and can RF up to 40 pounds, FF up to 65 pounds. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)