Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this piss you off or is it just me?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 21 Replies

If you have friends or family show up to visit and they have there children with them(or even themselves) and they show up with something like McDonalds cause they stopped on the way to your house but not get enough for YOUR children KNOWING you have kids at home? I HATE when ppl do that.

If im going to someones house and we stop at mcdonalds I buy enough for there kids to and if I cant afford to then my kids know if its not gone by the time we pull in there driveway there food stays in the car.

Again I ask am I the only one who feels this way?(Sorry Im bored and this is what I came up with LOL)

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ready_for2
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM

no. how are they supposed to know if your kids have eaten or not? especially when they are at their home with food!

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Ive never had this happen...sorry. BUMP 

Mylesbaby boyMykailahbaby girlMykahbaby boy

Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils and Supplements

USMCBride08
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Ehhh its rude, but it doesn't bug me. I mean, I'd rather my child not eat that (even though I still give him it, I'm trying though!!)

When it happens here, I just get my son a yummy snack, like a banana, or animal crackers. He doesn't even notice LOL 

and yet, with a face like that, can one truly ever be mad???  I love my little boy!!!

Beth5289
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I ALWAYS call before to see if I can get anything for my friends or their kids. 

That's horrible for people to just show up with food.

Beth

carygrantfan
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

it's rude.  if you don't have enuf to share, it shouldn't be brought into the house.  how would the visitors feel if you dished up ice cream or made your kids mac and cheese or anything and didn't offer some to their kids?  maybe next time you could to that - while they chow down their fires, let your kids eat cake. 

rosa_lee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I hate that too and I do find it horribly rude.  

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Yes, I sure would find it rude. If your children are hungry FEED them before you go to someone else home. Common sense people!

I always feed my children before I go anywhere. I also take along some sort of snacks for later, enough to share if there are other kids at the house. I have always found it rude for people to bring their fast food into my house to eat when they didn't ask if we wanted anything. It's like damn people EAT that crap at where you bought it or at least park your car there and eat it before you come over....

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:31 PM

my mom sometimes does that... she'll just show up with fast food and DS will be drooling over it cuz we were trying to cut it outta our lives. i mean, we seen my mom and her DD EVERY DAY- so it was an every day thing. sometimes, she'd call. other times no.

frustrates me!

wearing crown                  backpack
                                         Boo-Boo 
                                      10/15/2005
21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:32 PM

We don't have that problem since the nearest fast food is 45 miles away. If I'm going to someones home right around meal time either we eat first or I call and ask if I can bring them anything.

emt088
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I would never take food into someone elses house.. its just disrespectful in my mind. Well.. maybe not disrespectful, but definitely in poor taste.

I do get annoyed when people do that to us because it invariably makes my kids want it. Especially something like mcdonalds. I dont think i would buy for anyone elses kids just because i had to feed my own, but again.. it would definitely stay in the car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)