Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dont give me parenting advice!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM
  • 41 Replies

do u think its ok for someone to give you parenting advice if that person isnt a parent themselves?!

the topic just crossed my mind.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM

ugh i can not stand that...i see it all the time on here too

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
ready_for2
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

usually, no.

maybe in rare cases, like if they are a step parent or teacher or day care worker or childrens nurse or doctor...they might have some info or advice

but in general, NO, ITS ANNOYING!!!!

USMCBride08
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Anyone can give me advice. Regardless of parental status.

I've gotten really awesome advice from those without kids.... and reallllyyyy shitty advice from those with. 

and yet, with a face like that, can one truly ever be mad???  I love my little boy!!!

carygrantfan
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM

only if they have a deathwish - whether they are parents or not.  i don't take unsolicited advice kindly.

yummy_mommy89
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM

thats why i posted this. lol

Quoting Swtmama62205:

Bits08
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Hell naw!  Unless theyre some kind of healthcare worker.

athenax3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Not really- because before you're a parent you THINK you know so much, and then you have kids...lol...my ex husbands new wife just loved to try and tell me how to raise our dd, now she has kids, and sadly they're pretty bad because she has no ability to parent them- I hate to say it for their sakes, but it serves her right, I hope she remembers being so high and mighty every once in a while and feels like an ass.

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:26 PM

It doesn't bother me.  It's up to me whether or not I take the advise, so I listen, if it sounds like something I'd like to try then I do, if it doesn't then I don't.  Simple as that.

Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:27 PM

lol ooo now i want to know who it was...im sure i have crossed this person before...i always make a mental note on people who dont have kids on here...because they are usually the most judgemental ones on parenting

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

thats why i posted this. lol

Quoting Swtmama62205:

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
kaker104
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I'm ok with it bc they may have been around children their whole lives. Like me. I'm one of 5 kids and I have more cousins than I care to count (seriously, we're getting close to 50+).

What really pisses me off is when someone w/o kids says something like, "I would never do that." Like my bff who has NO children whatsoever (except he likes to play daddy w/his gf's dd) told me that when he has kids, his vehicle would never be as messy as mine was one day. I looked at him and said, "Let me know how that goes, especially when you're in the middle of a trip that's 14hrs from home." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)