Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Would you give it back??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM
  • 23 Replies

Ok so the question is, would you give back a wallet with 600 dollars and 10 credit cards? People were answering Id look at the persons ID and go to their home personally and return it...

Well that made me think...I am an Army wife, if I lost my wallet any where other than where I grew up, Id be screwed...would you drive 200 miles to my house?! LOL Or several thousands? What would you do in THAT secnario?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kizbee
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I would make every effort to return a wallet, no matter how much money was in it.  If I had no way of contacting the owner, I would turn it in to the police department.

retsillacam
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I would try to return it. I wouldn't drive 200 miles to return it but I would try to contact the owner of the wallet and maybe mail it back. But I would not keep. Not knowing who it belonged too.

southernjess3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Quoting Kizbee:

I would make every effort to return a wallet, no matter how much money was in it.  If I had no way of contacting the owner, I would turn it in to the police department.

CafeMom Tickers

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I would always return it no matter where it had to go.  We still have snail mail you know!

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Id  mail it and it would have to be signed for or turn it in to the cops

Mylesbaby boyMykailahbaby girlMykahbaby boy

Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils and Supplements

Aamy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Put it in the mail to mail it to you. As military you would have a military ID. If the person lived near the base they could drop it off at the front gate.

PrettyInPink09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Yeah, I would make some kind of effort to return it. Whether it be by mail or in person... 

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I would mail it to them or turn it in to the police.                                            Have any of you heard the story they just had on the news about the cab driver that found $22,000? 

LuvmySFSGT

I would try to find them on social networking sites and whitepages.com....if I couldn't I would give it to the police....and enclose a note telling them they might want to get a financial advisor....10 credit cards? Holy crap!

mellissacook

Mail it!! That's a lot of money to loose

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)