Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena Birth Control????

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM
  • 28 Replies

I was thinkin of gettin on it once i have this baby, but dont know much about it, i've heard that u have to check it all the time to make sure its in place?? is that true and if so how do u check? Any other thing u can tell me would be nice.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briansmommy7143
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM

I had the Mirena inserted in August. STILL bleeding....... I have an appt. Friday and I am highly considering having it removed at that time. Everything else has been ok but I can't take the constant bleeding. You are supposed to check it every month by feeling for the strings to make sure they haven't moved. I, personally don't check. A coworker of mine lost about ten pounds and hers fell out, so I dunno..... I recommend checking out the Mirena group and getting other opinions.

support_leukemia.gif leukemia image by latin_grrrl

little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Do a forum search there are alot of negative side effects that the Dr will not tell you about.

wifeffd95c
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM
I absolutely love everything about mine. I think it was one of the best decisions i ever made. I have no side effects and no pain. I love not having anything to worry about and no pills to remember to take! My husband loves it too!
wifeffd95c
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Quoting little.miss.mom:

Do a forum search there are alot of negative side effects that the Dr will not tell you about.

Lots of people hate it and lots of people love it.
lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I have the Paraguard, its an IUD and it has no hormones so there's no risk of blood clots, heart attack, or stroke.

RaynesMommy07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I have it, I dnt even know it's there.  After my period each mth I check to make sure it's still there, I wouldn't consider that "all the time".  I had some spotting for the 1st mth, but after that everything is fine.  I have no complaints with it at all.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Me my sister and my bestfriend have one. None of us have had any problems with them and love it. But i would request it be inserted during your period so its less cramping.

mommyiverson22
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

love it..the only thing i dont like about it is my face is a lil more greasy than usual..

little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Very true but I am one that hates it.

Quoting wifeffd95c:

Quoting little.miss.mom:

Lots of people hate it and lots of people love it.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Do you smoke, OP? (And yes, it is relevant to your post. lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)