Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:49 PM
  • 26 Replies

I'm going on my 12th week of pregnancy and really want to stay home once the baby is born but I'm worried about finances.  Do any SAHMs have a home party job or something like that or does your DH just work?

I really want to stay home and watch my baby grow and learn.  Just aprehensive.

Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gulfcoastmom4
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM

No I don't. My husband does all the providing for his family.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM

i stay home...my husband had a great job. I don't work.

I did do ChaCha for a while...I could make about $15-$20 a day...I just don't have any motivation to do it anymore.

Swtmama62205
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM

i don't have to make extra money but if i were you i would wait until you KNOW you can do it.  The extra stress on you will be too much.  You want to be able to focus on just your child and not have to worry about making ends meet

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
isra1986
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I am a SAHM.
My DH is the only one that works. He wanted me to be a SAHW since we got married, but I didn't see the point of staying home until we had DD.

MARIE20
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Dh is the main provider for are family though so i will so he can stay home and go to school.

abbysmommy429
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I stay at home and my husband works. I do tutor every now and then and that is great money, but my DH brings in our income. We are very lucky for me to stay home, even if money is tight some months!  

CafeMom Tickers
purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM

I sell  Usborne Books for something to do to get out of the house.  Dh's salary is enough to provide for us.  Home parties just get me out!!! :)

http://www.usbornebooksandmore.com/?NewID=B3871

babymamma07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM

DH makes all the money.  BUT you can always do work from home.  i know a ton of sahm's around my area and they all either have dh make a lotta money (where they don't need anything more than what he makes) or they work from home and do parties, mary kay, arbonne, silpada, cookie lee etc.... so you have options. 

MsDean
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM

My husband has been providing financially for us oh and my ex sends some money to me every month for child support but I just signed up to do AVON which I did breifly before I had my third.

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:58 PM

You have to sit down and write everything out.

Hubby and I were both sgts in the Army (active duty)  We had one son with twins on the way.

daycare for the three kids would have been 1300 a month (my oldest was 15 months old when the twins were born)

our rent was 1275 a month (we were not planning on having twins)

we did not qualify for wic, ect

both of us together we were bringing in about 5 grand a month (after taxes)

I was going to stay in, however the twins were born 11 weeks early and had a few minor complications and were not allowed in childcare until after 6 months.  so I opted to get out.

we qualified for wic, I moved back home, (hubby was getting here 3 months later for his new duty station) we didnt have to pay childcare, so we were doing the same/if not better thann if I would have stayed in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)