Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stolen Identity?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

Have you ever had your "identity" stolen?  If so what happened?

One of my husband's best friends girlfriend's (and our old roommates in college) sister stole them for a living basically.  Her and her husband, not sure exactly the details on how they did it, were doing it for three years, they used the credit cards for material things like TV's, all the latest gadgets, bedroom furniture, top notch washer dryer etc.  They had 2 little girls, and she had just given birth to their third when they got caught.  The police were actually at the hospital and arrested them right after she gave birth. She didn't even get to hold her newborn.

My husband's bf's girlfriend got a call from her mom to go to her sisters with a moving truck and take everything out of their (her sister's) house.

Craziest story I have ever heard, made me sad.  Her sister and her husband are in jail and the kids are in the custody of their grandmother. 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NattysMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM

If someone "stole" my identity they'd give it back with a sympathy card hahahah my credit isn't that great!! 

joci2203
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Quoting NattysMommy:

If someone "stole" my identity they'd give it back with a sympathy card hahahah my credit isn't that great!! 

Lol:)

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Here ya go, I don't want to re-write it all!:

"Ma'am", He says, "I am a detective with the West Covina Police Dept"

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

My sister got pulled over and got a ticket...she gave my name and social. I prosecuted her and sent her to jail.

joci2203
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

My sister got pulled over and got a ticket...she gave my name and social. I prosecuted her and sent her to jail.

Oh wow.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Quoting joci2203:

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Oh wow.

Yep...and if I could have I would have made sure she was in jail a lot more than 2 years...

"Boohooo my kids got taken away"..okay...well don't make stupid decisions idiot! Sorry...whats that saying..My "give a damn" is busted?

joci2203
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

I read your journal, I'm glad you guys got it cleared up! 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Quoting joci2203:

Quoting LancesMom:

I read your journal, I'm glad you guys got it cleared up! 

Me too! It was a pain though!

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

joci2203
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Quoting joci2203:

Have you ever had your "identity" stolen?  If so what happened?

One of my husband's best friends girlfriend's (and our old roommates in college) sister stole them for a living basically.  Her and her husband, not sure exactly the details on how they did it, were doing it for three years, they used the credit cards for material things like TV's, all the latest gadgets, bedroom furniture, top notch washer dryer etc.  They had 2 little girls, and she had just given birth to their third when they got caught.  The police were actually at the hospital and arrested them right after she gave birth. She didn't even get to hold her newborn.

My husband's bf's girlfriend got a call from her mom to go to her sisters with a moving truck and take everything out of their (her sister's) house.

Craziest story I have ever heard, made me sad.  Her sister and her husband are in jail and the kids are in the custody of their grandmother. 

It's funny, you would think these people stole because they were in need, but yet they spend the money on frivolous items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)