Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you take advantage of being a sahm???

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 35 Replies

So many times I see moms say they are boared with the kids all day long. Just wondering if you ever do anything about it. I have joined many moms groups in the area. I am a member of MOPs, we actually have more activities, moms night out, and spa days than I can keep up with. many times I actually want to sit at home and chill with the kids. I just don't want to feel I end up going back to work that I didn't take advantage of my time with my kids. I also always read about mommy and me dance classes, yoga, and art classes do you do those also??

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CarterMommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM

if i'm bored we go out and do stuff... we have a play group andi have friends close by or we hit up the zoo or sea world or something 

MsDean
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I keep wanting to but we are a one car household and dh works weird hours sometimes. My entire schedule is based around his work and my oldest school stuff :( We are getting rid of my crappy car and getting a used one for dh and a new one for me with our tax return though. I would love a spa day:)

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

RaynesMommy07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:07 PM

My mother was like you, she had "mom groups" and "mommy and me" things when me and my little brother were smaller.  Even though I work out of my home, I still do things like this with my children, especially my DD since she's 2.  I will even have "mom n daughter days", and we'll go to the Crayola Factory.  I think time with children, regardless if you work or not is determental in order to have a well-rounded child. 

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:07 PM

see all my friends work, or dont have kids so I have to have my moms groups.

Quoting CarterMommy:

if i'm bored we go out and do stuff... we have a play group andi have friends close by or we hit up the zoo or sea world or something 

twinmamaof3

Im def not bored!  I have a three year old son and two year old b/g twins!  My three year old goes to school in the mornings, I get him off the bus at 11 30, head on to the baby sitters, go to school, pick the kids up at 2, go home play for a bit, start dinner at 3 30, ready at 4 30,, eat, leave for class at 5 30 I get home at 10 pm.  so I have no time to be bored!  lol.  we do art activites in the morning.

LuvmySFSGT

I love being a SAHM...I feel like I have so much freedom...we go to friends...the park...shopping..out to eat...getting our nails done...etc.

kaker104
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:08 PM

We have playgroups, go shopping, and have a few children places to go to. I love being able to do those things w/him. 

prego7386
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

not yet..im going to do a lot more with him soon though..he is walking really well now so once this rain stops im going to start taking him out to parks and things like that.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

so true! I do mommy and daughter days where I leave ds with daddy and me and dd go and buy girl stuff like nail polish, see a girls movie, or get new earrings, have a picnic, or just enjoy each other.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

My mother was like you, she had "mom groups" and "mommy and me" things when me and my little brother were smaller.  Even though I work out of my home, I still do things like this with my children, especially my DD since she's 2.  I will even have "mom n daughter days", and we'll go to the Crayola Factory.  I think time with children, regardless if you work or not is determental in order to have a well-rounded child. 

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I'm out in the middle of no where, so there aren't really any groups or activities to do. I take my youngest to the library for story time & I have a couple friends that have wednesday's off, so we have play dates.

Honestly, I'd love to have more options like your talking about b/c my hubby travels for work & I'm alone most of the week, so no adult contact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)