Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower/party question!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm pregnant with my FIFTH baby.  Had my tubes tied after my 4th, 16 months ago. 

Ok, I had a baby shower for my first, a girl, and for my second, a boy.  Since I had my tubes tied, we got rid of ALL of our baby things, even though our youngest is only 16 months.  (I even sold her itty bitty newborn stuff, bassinet, Amby, swing, etc!)

I'd really like a baby shower/party.  Partly b/c I love doing that kind of thing--a good excuse to eat! And partly b/c I could truly use some new baby things and we aren't in a position financially to go out and buy ALL the stuff, kwim? 

So my question:  Do you think it would be inappropriate to have a shower/baby party?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abbysmommy429
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:21 PM

If a friend or family member throws you a party... go for it. I wouldn't (edit!) throw one for myself. 

CafeMom Tickers
purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Oh goodness no! lol Guess I should have clarified that! I wouldn't throw the shower for myself!

Quoting abbysmommy429:

If a friend or family member throws you a party... go for it. I would throw one for myself. 

Avabliss
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I agree.  If someone else wants to do it then sure!! 

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

abbysmommy429
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Quoting purplemoosemom:

Oh goodness no! lol Guess I should have clarified that! I wouldn't throw the shower for myself!

Quoting abbysmommy429:

If a friend or family member throws you a party... go for it. I would throw one for myself. 

haha... oh okay! Then yes, have another one. This baby deserves a fun celebration w/ lots of gifts too!

CafeMom Tickers
purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:24 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)