Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Approval Addiction

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm not sure about the rest of you but its really easy for me to get online and tell other moms to be strong and not worry about what other people think. But the truth is that I struggle with it. I do care about what people think and i wish I didn't. My daughter's dad is a complete dick to me and yet I care if he thinks our daughter is dressed cute when he picks her up for church on sunday. Little things like that.

Any advice on how to stop caring lol?

Or does anyone else struggle with this and just want to share

Said with love,

Ms. Johnson (*Unbreakable)

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:35 PM

I think everyone cares to an extent. I would say its normal.

oceanus407
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I have no clue. I could really care less what someone on the internet says or thinks about me. But when I take my daughter out I care and I guess I don't want and disapproval.  

Ha! Made you look!

KT9105
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM

If I don't know you, I could give a shit about what you think of me.

If I do know you, I care to an extent.  That said, no matter our relationship, disapproval of how I live my life isn't going to make me change it if I'm happy with it.  Superficial things like how I dress, how I look, I don't care what anyone thinks except my hubby and me.

mommyunique
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM

One day i'll get to that point. I can honestly say i'm not there yet. When i get dressed I do worry about how I look, what people may say. But maybe I don't care because I still do it

Quoting KT9105:

If I don't know you, I could give a shit about what you think of me.

If I do know you, I care to an extent.  That said, no matter our relationship, disapproval of how I live my life isn't going to make me change it if I'm happy with it.  Superficial things like how I dress, how I look, I don't care what anyone thinks except my hubby and me.

Said with love,

Ms. Johnson (*Unbreakable)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)