Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Parent test.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

For those of you who agree with that there should be a test before someone can become a parent.

What happens when you pass, but your SO does not?

What happens if your SO passes, and you don't?

What happens if neither of you pass?

Just curious.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
twinmamaof3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:42 PM

What happens when you pass, but your SO does not?  He doesnt get any say in raising the kids.

What happens if your SO passes, and you don't? same thing applies.

What happens if neither of you pass? Guess no children

lol, Im j/k!  Yeah some people shouldnt have kids, but not everyone is perfect!  We all make mistakes!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Quoting twinmamaof3:

What happens when you pass, but your SO does not?  He doesnt get any say in raising the kids.

What happens if your SO passes, and you don't? same thing applies.

What happens if neither of you pass? Guess no children

lol, Im j/k!  Yeah some people shouldnt have kids, but not everyone is perfect!  We all make mistakes!

:) But the point of the parent test is that you are NOT ALLOWED to have children unless you pass. AND most of the replies put that it needed to be a "two parent" home.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Love2HateMe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Rather than a test, take parenting classes... before the parenting class you are given an assesment, the test per say rates your abilities.. then the areas you lack in or are on the hossirble danger side they go to that area in teh parenting handbook and they go over it .. at the end you test again to see what kind of improvement there was

GenevieveD
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM

You’re sterilized for life!

Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air -- Emerson

Beth5289
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM

What happens if your pregnant and you don't pass?  LOL.

Beth

prego7386
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM

the three simple things i put down..if you don't pass you shouldnt have kids...just wait a year and go take it again.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Quoting Beth5289:

^^^^

prego7386
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM

i think the point of the parenting test would be that you would have to do it before you can have a child...this would mean some type of birth control method had to be used....yeah i know its crossing into some sticky government overstepping thing but that would be what wouldhappen if there was a qualifying standard set. and yeah i know "bc isn't always affective"...trust me i have a product of that coupled with a mistake on my part that i love very much ;P i would assume if that were the case the couple would then be put in a government supervised type situation until they passed..like a social worker of some kind

Quoting Beth5289:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)