Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I get a second opinion?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've had some a monster migraine for over 2 months now. For to have a headache is unusual, for one to incapacitate me is something that has never happened before.

It was just a normal migraines back in November but today I was driving home from WalMart and it suddenlt got even worse. It was all I could do to find a safe place to pull over and actually get my van off the road. I have a very high pain tolerance and this was more than I could handle.... I've broken bones and laughed it off... Tylenol doesn't take the edge off and some days I can't function because of them... my dr just keeps saying Tylenol and completely dismisses it before I can get a full sentence out. As soon as I say the word migraine he's talking over me and refuses to hear me out.

I'm also 37 weeks pregnant. Should I get a second opinion? I'm desperate enough for this to be over that I'm about to ask for another csection. When I have to pull over every half mile or so that's more than a freaking headache. I want a VBAC but I'm desperate.... I'm tired of being in this much pain from my head and not being able to do anything to make it go away. I'm also getting very frustrated that the doctor won;t hear me out before he dismisses me....

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM

You know your body better than anyone else. Never be afraid to seek a second opinion.

Jakesmom0609
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Especially if your preggers I would def get another opinion. My OB told me that having severe headaches could be a symptom of something worse.  You need to see another Dr..asap.

Quoting little.miss.mom:

You know your body better than anyone else. Never be afraid to seek a second opinion.

reelo
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Absolutely.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I get really bad headaches too. So bad that I could take a Vicodin & it would just barely take the edge off. Doctors cant find anything wrong. It wouldnt hurt to get a second opinion. I say go for it.

armywifenmom09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I'm about ready to go back to my old OB. She's csection happy but much more apt to make dead sure nothing is wrong then dismiss someone's concerns.

Quoting Jakesmom0609:

Especially if your preggers I would def get another opinion. My OB told me that having severe headaches could be a symptom of something worse.  You need to see another Dr..asap.

Quoting little.miss.mom:

Mom4-3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:57 PM

First off get a second opion.

I get migrains all the time, what I suggest is take a baggie with ice in it roll it in a had towl and put it on the back of your neck, it helps alot, Maybe you could go and see a chiropractor, I know it helps me when I have had one for long periods of time. I wish you the best of luck. If you have any other questions just PM me and i will try to answer as best i can. there are lots of meds that you can take. I useally take Excedrian Migrain it works the best for me. 

armywifenmom09
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm going to call my family dr in the AM and depending on what he says I may call my old OB and see what she says... I don;t have another appt with my current OB until Thursday.

kthruz143
by Kerrie on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:10 PM

when i was pregnant with my dd i had a headache for 3 days . i ended up goin to the the ER and  they ended up taking her that afternoon by c-section. 

It's a Boy !!!!!!     Gage Michael Hooper
Pregnancy ticker

having a baby

bridey530
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM

i would get a 2nd opinion. if it is your OB who is dismissing this it could be because there is really nothing you can do or take that would not pose a threat to the baby (other than tylenol).  maybe see your GP if you have one and let him know what has been going on.  good luck and congrats on your baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)