Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i guess its not creepy. not many seem to feel odd about this

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

have you ever seen this? how do you feel about this???

The Georgia Guidestones

Nov 22nd, 2008 | By Vigilant |

Erected in circa 1978 in Elberton, Georgia, this monument is often called “America’s Stonehedge”. It consists of huge granite slabs, astronomically aligned and a capstone lying on top. On those slabs, you can read the message of the guidestones, its “10 commandements”, in eight languages modern languages. A shorter message is inscribed at the top of the structure in four ancient scripts: Babylonian, Classical Greek, Sanskrit, and Egyptian hieroglyphs.

The guidelines are:

MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000
IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE

GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY —
IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY

UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING
NEW LANGUAGE

RULE PASSION — FAITH — TRADITION
AND ALL THINGS
WITH TEMPERED REASON

PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS
WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS

LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY
RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES
IN A WORLD COURT

AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS
OFFICIALS

BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH
SOCIAL DUTIES.

PRIZE TRUTH — BEAUTY — LOVE —
SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE
INFINITE

BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH —
LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE —
LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE

The first commandment of the guidestone is “Maintain humanity under 500 000 000″. The current world population is 6,6 billion people. So, if my calculator is correct, this stone calls for the extinction of 6,1 billion humans! 92,42% of the world population shouldn’t be alive at this moment. What type of plan do they authors of the guidelines have to reach this irrational target? Right from the start, you feel some sort of disdain for human life.

The second: guide reproduction wisely – promoting fitness and diversity. This one seems to refer to the theme of eugenics.

“Eugenics is a social philosophy which advocates the improvement of human hereditary traits through various forms of intervention.[2] Throughout history, eugenics has been regarded by its various advocates as a social responsibility, an enlightened stance of a society, meant to create healthier, stronger and/or more intelligent people, to save resources, and lessen human suffering. Earlier proposed means of achieving these goals focused on selective breeding, while modern ones focus on prenatal testing, genetic counseling, birth control, in vitro fertilization, and genetic engineering. Opponents argue that eugenics is a temptation to the power hungry and is thus notably subject to corruption. Historically, some eugenics advocates have used it as a justification for state-sponsored discrimination, forced sterilization of persons deemed genetically defective, the killing of institutionalized populations, and genocide, such as during the Holocaust..” – Wikipedia

The other commandments call for a single world goverment, a single world tribunal, a common language and some sort of new spirituality. The final commandment, if you already forgot the 1st one, reminds you politely that you should die as soon as possible because you’re taking valuable space and air. The repetition of “Leave room for nature”, is particulary creepy and sinister.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego7386
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM

huh...i lived in GA 21 out of my 23 years and i never heard of this....weird.

de_sly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Quoting prego7386:

look it up, see if you can go see it. let me know how if goes. of course if you want to. :)

prego7386
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM

oh i totally would but i am living in southern ca now..thanks to the military lol...i move to VA in June though so will be back to GA often...i am going to go see this though...strange things always interest me lol. ill take pics and post them then :)

Quoting de_sly:

Quoting prego7386:

look it up, see if you can go see it. let me know how if goes. of course if you want to. :)

de_sly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Quoting prego7386:

oh i totally would but i am living in southern ca now..thanks to the military lol...i move to VA in June though so will be back to GA often...i am going to go see this though...strange things always interest me lol. ill take pics and post them then :)

Quoting de_sly:

Quoting prego7386:

awesome... it is very strange and caught me off guard so i had to share.. cant wait to see and hear about your visit

DBostick411
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Hmmm, I live about 35 miles from there (thanks Mapquest). Sounds like something I'll have to check out!

Donna

de_sly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Quoting DBostick411:

Hmmm, I live about 35 miles from there (thanks Mapquest). Sounds like something I'll have to check out!

Donna

!!!GO MAPQUEST!!!

let me know how it gos.

mamajen07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM

very strange, and odd guidelines.

rjpetty605
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM
People seriously need to stop using Wikipedia as sources.

de_sly
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM

i thought there would be more to say, more feelings, guess not.

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I think it's just a tool to be used by the NWO to gain control. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)