Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is any one else embarrassed

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM
  • 132 Replies

Poll

Question: are you?

Options:

um yes

no i agree

other?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 329

View Results

Is any one else embarrassed by the way our fellow Americans are acting so greedy and selfish towards the US trying to help the Haiti's?

pregnancy calendar

Stay at home mommy to two little boys Noah who is 4 and Andrew who is 2! And a loving wife to my wonderful husband Ryan=)
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isra1986
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Not only embarrassed, but saddened!

mamajen07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM

i put other b/c i'm not in the US. but yes, i find it disgusting.

KT9105
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I don't get embarrassed by other people's selfish ways the same way I don't take credit for others' selfless acts.  We do what we can and hope others will as well.

Laura4807

I agree ...... to an extent.

I believe it is awesome to help the people of Hati. (Haitians? I dont know) bringing them over to the US so they can have clean water to drink and better food to eat is great. people flying over to help is GREAT.... If I could do it right now, I would.

BUT I dont think our country should be giving millions when we dont even have it.

Im, Laura. I hope you learned that from my screen name. If not, well now you know. I live in Alaska. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Snow Ninja. Although, my day job consists of standing outside in front of my igloo looking like Igloo Trash in my snow boots, seal skin tank top & short skirt and screaming profanities at my neighbors. I'm marvelous, I know. I have a daughter named Lorelai. I can only hope one day she is just like mommy. Her daddy is Chris and together we make one big family of Igloo trash. Be Jealous.

kk_bella

It's rather disheartening, disgusting, sad, embarrassing. I don't think there are enough negative adjectives.

I have a great idea. Let's bring all the hatians here and whoever has a problem with it can go to Haiti.

BellaBlondie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Honestly I am PROUD of how our private charities and private individuals have stepped up to offer aid, not only finacial, but on the ground help.

I would rather have that then government aid....it goes more directly to the people, and isn't my tax dollars (or China's money) that we are already overspending in other areas.

Avabliss
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM

same.

Quoting mamajen07:

i put other b/c i'm not in the US. but yes, i find it disgusting.

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

MandyOs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Yes. 

rjpetty605
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I think it is fine to send aid but I don't understand where it is going to come from? Also I am wondering why we are not hearing anything about the other side of the island. They were hit by the same earthquake but nobody has even given an update on how they are doing. I find it unecessary that Planned Parenthood is asking for federal funds to pass out condoms to the people in Haiti. Ok send money, food, troops, etc...but we really need to send condoms? With taxpayer money?  

Earth-Angel
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I picked other! I am not embarrassed or surprise or anything, even if I don't  necessarily agree! I have been on CM  long enough to see Americans at it's finest toward other Americans. Calling ppl names, calling someone a murderer and so forth.

True Americans on CM! Don't agree, bash someone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)