Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please don't.....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

Message me if you disagree with any of my parenting methods and try to make me "see the light". Someone did that to me yesterday and I don't want that! I am confident in my parenting choices....and just because you disagree with me doesn't give you the right to shove your opinion down my throat. Anyone else feel this way?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I've never gotten any "hate mail" or "see the light mail".  :(

ctc05
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I hadn't either until yesterday and it caught me off guard....it was way too personal.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:46 PM

oh my god i HATE when peopleon here send me messages telling me i need to erf my 21 month old dd!! ain't gonna happen so go to hell!!!!!!  i don't read the messages and usually just delete them and then feel special because i must be somewhat important to them lol :)

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM

oh and someone sent me a message not to long ago just to let me know that she knows people who are virgins....lol okay i don't care

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

ctc05
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:50 PM

HAHA! The lady who sent mine was asking about circumsizing and if I would do it to my husband if he wasn't already. I was like ummm??? What? But my husband was adament about us circing our son......and I'm not a boy so I wouldn't know what it's like. I figured he would know better lol

Quoting mommyziegler:

oh and someone sent me a message not to long ago just to let me know that she knows people who are virgins....lol okay i don't care

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Op, I will second your proposal... and I will also say DO NOT MESSAGE ME JUST BECAUSE YOU TAKE PERSONALLY WHEN I DISAGREE WITH YOU. Seriously. It isn't about you. You aren't the center of the world and you aren't that important. I do not develop my opinions around YOU. So don't take them personally. K?

(not you directly OP, more directed at others in this group)

I just got my first piece of hate mail today on cafemom *sigh*.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM

wow, I'm sorry that you have someone doing that to you. I thought that part of the point of CM was to get to know other people. Part of getting to know other people is listening to their point of view.  If they don't like it then they can go be friends with someone they agree with. Not pick fights with those they don't.

Honeybun09

Me neither LOL.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

raegansmom

That's crazy!  I have to admit, I am a bit jealous, I want hate mail too!  :o)

GenevieveD

LOL people on here love to think they have the right to do just about anything.....that would piss me off too...

Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air -- Emerson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)