Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some input from you lovely ladies - about my interview Wed.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have an interview at Sears on Wednesday.. I know it's just Sears, but I'm really pumped because I need the job, and hell I'm just excited that I've gotten an interview, and I'm hoping that after I get my degree and I've been working there a while I can work my way up to a managerial position..

So, my questions.. how should I wear my hair?  It's rather long, and I have long bangs...

And, should I paint my nails? Or leave them natural?  Maybe just a clear coat?

I already have an outfit picked out - red long sleeve nice top, dark grey slacks, black closed toe short heels - and I'll be sure to bring a copy of my resume & references... anything else? 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Wendy_June
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I would paint my nails clear and put my hair up.

HeatherMae55
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.. which is why I didn't paint them black like I wanted to.  lol!

Quoting Wendy_June:

I would paint my nails clear and put my hair up.

Turb0Happy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:19 PM

For your nails, I'd suggest a nice muted color, maybe a soft pink or if you can, french manicures always go over well!

For hair, try fastening it back from your face with a pretty clip for a nice clean look and to avoid fiddling with it so you don't look nervous. 

One of the best tips I ever got for the interview itself was to prepare a list of questions for the interviewer.  Ask about advancement opportunities, the work environment, the turnover rate, anything to show your interest and ambition. 

Good luck!

HeatherMae55
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Great idea.  Thanks!

And I would love to go for the french manicure... but I'd have to pay for it.  lol!!

Quoting Turb0Happy:

For your nails, I'd suggest a nice muted color, maybe a soft pink or if you can, french manicures always go over well!

For hair, try fastening it back from your face with a pretty clip for a nice clean look and to avoid fiddling with it so you don't look nervous. 

One of the best tips I ever got for the interview itself was to prepare a list of questions for the interviewer.  Ask about advancement opportunities, the work environment, the turnover rate, anything to show your interest and ambition. 

Good luck!

usafwife314
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:21 PM

The outfit sounds good.  I wouldn't go to bold on the nails. Maybe just a clear coat like you said.  For the hair, keep it simple.  A pony at the base of the neck, and barrette the bangs over to one side. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)