Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

an ipod for your kid for sleeping in their own bed are you serious?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM
  • 24 Replies

this is my former piano teacher's son he is like i think between 4 and 6 years old and they got him to sleep in his own bed by getting him an ipod as a reward are you serious? then he suggested i should try this for my 2 year old yeah right lol

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I don't see a problem with it. So, he listens to music while he's going to sleep. You put a video of their child up online for the world to see and are bitching about him listening to music at night? There's something wrong here but it's not the ipod

raegansmom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I would buy my DD a freakin' pony... hell, a whole circus if I could get her to sleep in her own bed!

4munchkinmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Our 6 year old son has an iPod. He uses it a lot, and is really responsible with it. He got it as a Christmas present though, not as a reward. Regardless, I'm all for rewarding your children but I think a iPod is a little large of an award for something like sleeping in your own bed (as much as that IS a big deal..I wouldn't buy my son an iPod for it). But, everyone parents differently. So many parents I think forget to reward their kids nowdays, so the fact they're even doing so, even on such a large scale, is commendable to me.

Sirenabella
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM

My son has always slept in his own bed. I wouldn't get him a present to bribe him into it anyway. I'd buy him an ipod though if I could afford it b/c he'd love it. He plays music when he's going to sleep already.

OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM

You do what you gotta do. People can't win. They are shitty for getting their kid an Ipod to sleep in his own bed, or they are shitty for having a 4-6 year old sleep in bed with them. Get over it.

I'm a "don't give a fuck what you think of my parenting style" kind of mom.

mommybug77
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I say so what. It is their money & their child.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM

I dont see the problem. Ffs my 3yr old knows how to work and even charge my ipod touch.

bluesky51201
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:47 PM

If that was the only way to get him to sleep in his bed then so be it.  I bribe my kids and have no problem admitting to it.  You have to do what you have to do sometimes.

mommam58122
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:47 PM

no no no it wasnt for listening to music at night it was giving him a 4 year old his own ipod his very own and he suggested i try it for my 2 year old. she wouldnt even understand what it was for lol  

Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:48 PM

OK I am confused...I swear ..you have changed your name??? Weren't you...neeners or something>??? I am lost again! No one tell me anything 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)