Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 yr old humping??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

a friend of mine's 3 year old son humps everything from his stuffed elephant to the floor LOL. What would cause him to do that? His mom swears he hasn't even seen anything but then why would he do it

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Some kids just go through a phase of doing that. Doesn't have to mean anything.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM

As a child I used to 'rub' on the floor. I did it cause it felt good. His mother needs to just tell him not to do it in public.... I normally didnt unless I got intosomething and forgot where I was and later on my mother said she did it as a small child too, so did my dh and we wereall super young liekthat aroudn the time it started. The Dr. will say it's normal and once again just tell him it's something he should do in privite.

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:45 PM

my son used to do that it's like masturbation . They say you're not suppose to discipline them for that but explain to them to take it into a private area...anyways I dont know but my ds stopped after a while..

Just wanted to add also that the child is probably doing it because it feels good to him. He's probably exploring his body that's why..

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:48 PM

my dd is 5 and rubs herself. I took her to the dr because she was all irritated and she gave me some cream and told me to tell her not to do it. her words were, 'just keep reinforcing you know, that that's not right....'  i just said 'ok'. but i've always thought that it was normal for kids to do and go through different stages with.....

sexygreeneyez91
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM

see he rocks back and forth soemtimes but others he humps. He did it at kmart tonight and his mom told him no but he just laughed.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

As a child I used to 'rub' on the floor. I did it cause it felt good. His mother needs to just tell him not to do it in public.... I normally didnt unless I got intosomething and forgot where I was and later on my mother said she did it as a small child too, so did my dh and we wereall super young liekthat aroudn the time it started. The Dr. will say it's normal and once again just tell him it's something he should do in privite.

lilmom71
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Because it tickles. lol

SP_Mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM

SS started doing that at age 1.  Dr. said that's it normal, but to teach them it's a private thing and should only be done when they are in their rooms by themselves with the door closed. 

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Quoting lilmom71:

Because it tickles. lol

that's the answer that dd gave when i asked her why she did it

Angelgirlz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:59 PM

I use to work in day care. I was the 3 year old teacher. This is very normal for kids to do.  I would see kids do this all the time at nap time with either their stuffed animal or blanket.

Meggen~ Mom to 6 awesome kids and one due June 2010

Hon2894
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM

LOL!

His pediatrician will tell you that he discovered that behavior makes him feel good.

There's nothing wrong with him. He's not a sexual deviant or anything. The best thing to do would be for HIS MOTHER to tell him that is something people do in the privacy of their rooms and he needs to behave that way in his room.

You should turn a blind eye to his behavior and let his mother handle it.

bride   Heidi busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)