Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you the "perfect" wife?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM
  • 133 Replies

How many of you do all the chores and make every meal and have it waiting for your s/o? I personally hate cooking and cannot believe how many women always cook on here. Do you enjoy doing that or do your s/o's expect it etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idiosyncratic
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I am the PERFECT wife :)

(but no, I don't cook a lot either ;)

SP_Mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I do most of the chores since I'm a SAHM, but cooking is about 50/50...and he says I'm perfect for him.  So, I guess that means I'm the perfect wife for him.  :'}

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:50 PM

When my dh used to work here I used to cook clean, do everything because he worked his ass off I would feel like such an asshole if he didn't come home to a meal. That's the least I could do for him providing for us. Did he demand it no he never has but I wanted to do it. Sometimes we'll buy fast food or go out to eat. It's always worked for me. He'll help me out too around the house so we're not really keeping score but I'm the better cook so I cook. Now he's working out of state so when he comes home I still cook the meals he misses most and we go out to eat cause we're usually out when he comes home so that's how it goes now..

Just_Bethy

I do it but I am a SAHM of a man that works 98 hours a week..so it would be really lazy if I expected him to help....if he had a normal job..I would hope he would help out...(In fact when I am sick or he is on one of his 2 days a month off he does help..lol) 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa

I make all the meals, but thats only dinner, and I do it because I am fat and hungry by the time he gets home.. lol.. But I love to cook so I dont care.. Chores on the other hand..well.. I should be doing all of them, but having a 3 year old, 8 month old and being 27 weeks prego its impossible to get everything done, so hubby helps out alot..

serioussifL

I do. Im not the perfect wife, but I sure strive to be. I do ask that DH takes out the garbage, but most of the time he doesnt do it right away. Im very impatient and end up doing it myself. The only time I dont like doing those things is when Im sick. Sometimes I can convince hubby to cook when Im sick.

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

erinbills
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:51 PM

we share the house hold duties but I do find myself doing more simply becuase if I didn't who knows when he will.

CMcLaws
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:51 PM

HAHA I am far from it, but I do the best I can, and my hubby loves me anyway! 

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:51 PM

to my husband or df? lol cause i've got one of each.

yes, i am the perfect....BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA..i couldn't get through that. i'm far from perfect. do i do the chores around the house? yeah i guess i do almost all. and i enjoy cooking. but this weekend he had to make 3 meals (total) because i'm a little tired and he complained that i wasn't cooking. stupid man, i'm carrying your child! LOL

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:51 PM

No such thing as perfect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)