Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I have been laying in the dark with DS for 2 hours

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been laying down with ds 2 1/2 since 9pm..... at 9:30 i shut everything off its pitch black trying to get him to go to sleep and he is blabbing away............. HELP!!

www.Mommysasha.Blogspot.com
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Proud Mommy to two handsome sons Steven & Jaime and my beautiful princess Emily.
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KristaJo
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Leave the room! The longer I sit with DD the longer she'll try and talk to me. I have to give her things she's comfortable with, certain stuffed animals, a cup of juice, and even sometimes the family dog, but she sleeps worlds better when she's not trying to fight sleep and talk to me.

blakie123
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:10 AM

i will usually lay my son down (16) months give him a few toys, leave a night light on and he will fall asleep eventually. if he starts to whine i go in there confort him and lay him back down! it usually works..

MixedCooke
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:38 AM

I explained to my 2 year old that she must sleep in her bed and Mommy must sleep in her bed and Grammy must sleep in his bed and that we cannot sleep in her bed.

Part of our sleep routine is a full body massage with lavender lotionm then I sit on the side of the bed and pat her back and sig lullabies until she falls asleep and then I sneak out.

ToraMay
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:41 AM

pretend to sleep.. dont talk back. 

mrs.bing
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:43 AM

try putting your head down no eye contact and do not talk at all when they dont get the response they want they stop trying. this is only if you cant leave the room with out him crying or screaming. good luck.good

jessigarrett
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:45 AM

UGH I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL MY DD DIDNT GO TO SLEEP TILL 12:30! THEIR BED TIME IS TEN BUT SHE JUST KEPT CALLING OUT FOR ME SO I TRIED LETTING HER FALL ASLEEP ON THE COUCH SO SHE WOULDNT WAKE HER SISTER DIDNT WORK SHE KEPT PLAYING FINALLY SHE WENT TO SLEEP THOUGH

Stephynsos
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:51 AM

oh wow, DS is 5, he goes to bed at 7:30 EVERY night... all by himself... i tuck him in, give him hugs+ kisses... tell him i love him and i will see him in the morning... the end... he knows i dont play the snuggle games or anything...

tpoor
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:06 AM

I try to stick to a routine.  Last meal at 8 / 8:15 at the latest.  Bath by 9 and a good night bottle by 9:30.  As soon as that bottle is empty, it is off to bed.  My MIL sent us a My Pal Scout for Christmas.  What a blessing!  It plays up to 10 minutes of soft bedtime music.  I turn it on, hold him for a minute or two, lay him in bed and then quietly walk out and close the door.  I leave a small lamp and night light on until I go to bed. 

BUT, our little guy is only 9 1/2 months and there are STILL nights when he fights sleep until 10 sometimes 10:45.  Be strong.  I agree with one of the other posts though.  If you must be in there, lay your head down and pretend you are asleep.  Don't respond.  I use that sometimes during nap time and it work pretty well... until I realize that I too could actually use a nap! 

Good luck!!!  Let us know if anything worked!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)