Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got a little problem... (edit in red)

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:11 AM
  • 39 Replies

OK ladies... 

Here the problem... 

I'm now 33 weeks prego...  (not the problem)

Before I got prego I had my nipples and my clit pierced...  (sorry if thats TMI)

I was able to get the nipple rings out as I plan to breast feed.  HOWEVER, I nor can my doctor get the clit ring out...  

I tried to use pliers even!! Its really stuck... 

Problem 1.  Where my nipple rings were there is still holes even though the rings have been out for over 3 months.  WILL IT ATTECT MY ABILITY TO BREAST FEED???

Problem 2... WTH do I do about the other ring... I don't have anyone to help me remove it besides my doc because my hubby is in Afghanistan...  Really.. It needs to come out BEFORE I go into labor... 

I'm open to any ideas... Remember I have no help so any ideas need to be ONE person kinda ideas... 

HELP

EDIT: Its not dirty I clean it really well with antibacterial soap...  I have had LOTS of piercings and i'm really OCD about keeping them clean... 

THE Problem is... Imaging the letter O well in the O there is a ball... The ball is stuck... 

THe piercing itself move freely... Just the ball... 

On a side note... I didn't ask for thought on how you FEEL about my piercing... I asked for thoughts on how to get it out... 

I have not gone to a piercer yet because I figured my DOC SHOULD be able to get it out. 

I'm more worried it will rip when I go into labor... I would rather take it out forever then have it rip... 

by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:15 AM

Try using a heavy duty wire cutter type of pliers but be very very careful

onecuteladybug2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Go back to the person who did the piercing. They should have the tools necessary to remove the jewelry.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:21 AM

no way I would try to get it out myself with plyers. Does it have to come out???

GirlsDropEm2
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:22 AM

You really should be taking OUT your jewelry and throughly cleaning it more often.  It should never be that hard to get off.  Go to a professional piercer and see if they can get it out.  If not, use a bolt cutter or something.

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:26 AM

That's just nasty. You're kidding, right...?

Jaxonsmom19
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:33 AM

I had this problem with a peircing (though it was my belly button). I ended up going back to the peircer. That would be my suggestion.

Btw, to the woman who said she should be taking her jewelery out and cleaning it more often, I cleaned my belly button ring EXACTLY how the peircer told me to and my belly button ring STILL got stuck this way in just a couple of days. I don't know about how often the OP cleaned hers or what not but I just wanted to point out that it is completely possible for body jewlery to still get stuck even being cleaned on a regular basis. Body jewelery is like everything else in life, it malfunctions. So don't always be so quick to assume it is because it isn't being cleaned properly.

sids ribbonSupporting Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness in Memory of My Son, Jaxon Elijah. Stillborn September 5th,2008. Forever loved and missed!

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:37 AM

yep, I never took my belly ring out to clean it. I was told to raise it up and down dip with saltwater or the mix they gave me. I was not even suppose to take it out for 6 to nine months. I have never had that other part pierced though but with the location of hers I would hope that thing can come out to be cleaned!

Quoting Jaxonsmom19:

I had this problem with a peircing (though it was my belly button). I ended up going back to the peircer. That would be my suggestion.

Btw, to the woman who said she should be taking her jewelery out and cleaning it more often, I cleaned my belly button ring EXACTLY how the peircer told me to and my belly button ring STILL got stuck this way in just a couple of days. I don't know about how often the OP cleaned hers or what not but I just wanted to point out that it is completely possible for body jewlery to still get stuck even being cleaned on a regular basis. Body jewelery is like everything else in life, it malfunctions. So don't always be so quick to assume it is because it isn't being cleaned properly.

GavinsMommii
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:39 AM

lol never in life would a heavy duty wire cutter be anywhere near my clit.

I suggest going back to the shop that you got it pierced at, they will get it out for you and more importantly they will do it with out injuring you!

Quoting Sassy762:

Try using a heavy duty wire cutter type of pliers but be very very careful

Jaxonsmom19
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:39 AM

Yeah I never took mine ALL the way out. I did take the top ball off on a regular basis because my belly button stayed swollen for so long and it hurt like hell to try to clean around the top ball with it swollen. So I would just take the ball off and hold the ring in while my SO at the time cleaned around it. Top ball still ended up stuck. Stupid thing.

Quoting misssy2000:

yep, I never took my belly ring out to clean it. I was told to raise it up and down dip with saltwater or the mix they gave me. I was not even suppose to take it out for 6 to nine months. I have never had that other part pierced though but with the location of hers I would hope that thing can come out to be cleaned!

Quoting Jaxonsmom19:

sids ribbonSupporting Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness in Memory of My Son, Jaxon Elijah. Stillborn September 5th,2008. Forever loved and missed!

SammySJ99
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:43 AM

Quoting SAMNMAYASMOM:

That's just nasty. You're kidding, right...?

I'm 100% NOT kidding... And I didn't ask for "thoughts on what I do with my body" I asked for ideas to try to get it out... 

If you have no advice then as I say alot... SHH quiet time... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)