Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone use H&R Block with the Emerald Card

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:27 AM
  • 8 Replies

We filed our taxes yesterday and we decided to go with the Emerald Card for our return.   Most of it will be going to Walmart so we figured the card would be good.  (don't have a walmart nearby so online it will have to be) What I'm wondering is can i check the balance online.  And If i wanted to remove the rest of the cash to bank it could I?

by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I haven't used one in a while but from what I remember you can you should have a paper that explains how to take the cash off. Although if I remember it is usually cheaper to get it out of the ATM and then deposit it. And yes you can check the balance online there is a website that is on the back of the card.

connietrrll
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:34 AM

You can check online go to HRBLOCK.COM You can remove the money from your card at an atm, or you can go to a store and use it and remove some cash off of it there. If you remove it through the ATM you will be charged bank fees and ATM charges.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Quoting connietrrll:

You can check online go to HRBLOCK.COM You can remove the money from your card at an atm, or you can go to a store and use it and remove some cash off of it there. If you remove it through the ATM you will be charged bank fees and ATM charges.

Thanks I didnt even think to check the paperwork.  I'm sure she put somethin in the envelope about it.  Dh has the card in his wallet. 

veronica04
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:41 AM

You could take the money out at an ATM and deposit it in your bank account or do the "Cash Back Option" when checking out at the grocery store.Or set up an H &R Block Saving account and transfer the money there. it has a 1.00 interest rate.Also when using an ATM as a method to withdrawal your money there is fees associated with this method. You can also access your account online  on the website  in your Terms and Conditions that was inside the envelope when you received your Emerald Card. BTW I work for H & R Block..

motherbee
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I have used the emerald card the last two years.If you keep the card even after you use the money than they can re-load it the next year and you won't have to change the pin or anything.Yes you can check the balance of the card online and they also have an 800 number you can call to check the balance and get a record of your transactions.

Be cafeful taking money out of the atm.Those fees don't seem like a lot at first but every time you go they charge three dollars so that adds up quick.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Quoting veronica04:

You could take the money out at an ATM and deposit it in your bank account or do the "Cash Back Option" when checking out at the grocery store.Or set up an H &R Block Saving account and transfer the money there. it has a 1.00 interest rate.Also when using an ATM as a method to withdrawal your money there is fees associated with this method. You can also access your account online  on the website  in your Terms and Conditions that was inside the envelope when you received your Emerald Card. BTW I work for H & R Block..

Another  Question Probably stupid one  When I make online purchases with my regualr card they always ask for the name and address the card is issued to.  what would I put with the Emerald card.  The card has something like Hn r Client instead of name.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2010 at 11:50 AM
bump
connietrrll
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting veronica04:

Another  Question Probably stupid one  When I make online purchases with my regualr card they always ask for the name and address the card is issued to.  what would I put with the Emerald card.  The card has something like Hn r Client instead of name.

You put that on their. H&R Block client.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN