Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Child support and direct deposit..

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:16 AM
  • 5 Replies

For anyone who gets child support and does direct deposit, do you know how long it took them to get it going?? I got my first check back in the beginning of Dec and sent in the direct deposit form right away. That was about 5-6 weeks ago and I still don't have direct deposit. I caalled the 800 number for IL CS but had no luck.

by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cdgoldilocks
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:18 AM

I am in CA. I don't get direct deposit, but I have been told that it takes about 1 week after they process the payment. I opted to have my money loaded onto a debit card. I don't get it often, so it is like monopoly money when I DO get it.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

NikiAnne
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I have direct deposit for my son's CS. I don't remember exactly how long it took to get it going, but I don't think it was that long. He gets paid biweekly, so there are two deposits per month (usually). Can you go online to see if they've gotten the money from him? I can check mine online and it shows one date where it's withdrawn from his check and a second when it's deposited. Good luck, keep calling...government is not the model of efficiency but hopefully they get it taken care of for you!

mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:23 AM

I didn't get direct deposit, I got the CS debit card.  That one arrived within two weeks.  I believe you should have direct deposit already.

OneToughMami
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Do you have an Eppicard? Or is it through your bank? I know with the Eppicard system it only takes a few days for it to be posted to your account once domestics receives the money. However, with a private checking account it takes a little longer...which is why I just closed my Wachovia account and stuck with the Eppicard account which is through...um hmm...I want to say PNC but I am really not sure...I just know it's a mastercard lol

Do you enjoy wrestling? Click the picture and tune in to the Golden Creveat Wrestling Show every Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 pm, to discuss the latest WWE, TNA, Indy, and MMA news and hot topics.

Kissybratzmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2010 at 1:25 AM

The checks are getting mailed to me, it just takes forever. I keep hoping the direct deposit will kick in. Maybe I'll send another one in, this is getting old. He gets paid every Friday and I don't usually get the check till the next Fri or Sat, or if it's a holiday (like this week) I won't get it until next Monday. It would be nice to get it the same day every week.

Quoting NikiAnne:

I have direct deposit for my son's CS. I don't remember exactly how long it took to get it going, but I don't think it was that long. He gets paid biweekly, so there are two deposits per month (usually). Can you go online to see if they've gotten the money from him? I can check mine online and it shows one date where it's withdrawn from his check and a second when it's deposited. Good luck, keep calling...government is not the model of efficiency but hopefully they get it taken care of for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN