Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

H&R Block Tax Calculator

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM
  • 25 Replies

Has anyone used the H&R Block tax calculator? I'm wondering how accurate it actually is. I tried it, and it says we should get back way more than what we expected. Has it been fairly accurate for anyone? or is it way off?

Edit: I just did the turbo tax calculator and it estimated about $1,000 less than what the H&R block calculator said... Either way, I would still be super happy. =)

by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandalouwhotn
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I did it this year and it seemed pretty accurate for us.  Did something change financially to where you would be gettign more?

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I try it every year and it is actually a bit on the low side!

FuTureMrsPaRRy
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Yeah I used it too and it seemed I would get back way more than usual.

I will find out tmrw. I hope its right!..lol

MommytoKenzie08
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I haven't herad of this, how do you do it? 

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:37 PM

My DH's job didn't do so well last year, and there were mandatory shutdowns each month for most of the year, so he actually made less money than he normally does. I really hope it is accurate. We are trying to start saving for a new house in a couple of years, and this would be a great start to the savings. =)

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

I did it this year and it seemed pretty accurate for us.  Did something change financially to where you would be gettign more?

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I use turbo tax but just went & put in my info in the h&r block calculator. Its look to be about the same as what turbo tax's says.

mandalouwhotn
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Maybe you qualified for the EIC this year.  Do you have 3 kids?  Last year you only got a child credit for 2, but this year you get credits for up to 3.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

My DH's job didn't do so well last year, and there were mandatory shutdowns each month for most of the year, so he actually made less money than he normally does. I

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Just go to their website and you will see it. You put in your information, and it gives you an estimate on how much you should get back.

Quoting MommytoKenzie08:

I haven't herad of this, how do you do it? 

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Yes, we do have three kids. But it shows that we will actually get back more than he payed in in federal income tax..

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

Maybe you qualified for the EIC this year.  Do you have 3 kids?  Last year you only got a child credit for 2, but this year you get credits for up to 3.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

My DH's job didn't do so well last year, and there were mandatory shutdowns each month for most of the year, so he actually made less money than he normally does. I

Quoting mandalouwhotn:

zoehopemama
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I used the H&R block calculator, then I did the Turbo Tax calculator. There was a $300 difference between the two. When we filed, Turbo Tax was right on the money. H&R was on the low side. :)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN