Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whould you ever want your hubby to be a sahd?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 AM
  • 104 Replies

I was in a post earlier and it was asking about women supporting themselves.One of the replies stated the the poster was the sole income for the family and many people had commented to her in the past that it was strange to them.I am in this situation right now as well.I am a working mom and the sole income for my family and my husband is a sahd.

my question is whould you ever choose this for your family and why or why not?Do you find it strange why  or why not? If you are currently in this situation do you like it and if you are a sahm whould you be willing to give that up and start a career if your so wanted to stay home

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:02 AM

OMG, no. My house would NEVER be clean. LOL

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

cmb121906
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Hell no. He'd be playing WoW all day and only God knows what the kids would be doing. LOL

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

KT9105
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM

My husband would love to be a stay at home dad.  But once he's out of the Army his career will offer ALOT more money than mine, so that'll be a no go.

CafeMom Tickers
starlight1611

Well he kind of his, DH is active duty military but he has weekend shift right now for his line of work, so he is home during the week, unless deployed. I LOVE having him home all the time. But I would not mind one bit if I was the sole provider of our family, and he was a SAHD. 

in loveboy n girlpuppycat

*Military Wife to my HS sweetheart and SAHM to our 2 most amazing children DS(4.5) & DD (3)* & our 2 furbabies Brody(Puggle) & Sophie(Cat)

Idiosyncratic

he kinda is...

he works at home (and only for about 2-3 hours a day) so he's here all the time...

college.mom0f2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:04 AM

my husband is a SAHD and I love it.  Completely.  I am more the type of woman who loves to work.  I hate cooking and cleaning, and he loves it, so thats what he does.  I bring home the bread, and he puts dinner on the table.  Many many women are very close minded about our situation though. 

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:04 AM

It would not work for us, dh would not like it and we would be broke for all the money wed have to spend on paying someone to clean. If he was the type of man that could do it and wanted to I would have no problem with it. He is really good at teaching the kids and dealing with them, but the other hose stuff not so much.

graciejoe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM

He has been.  I wouldn't want him to be again unless he was working from home though.  Not because I think less of him if he isn't making money, but because he does.  He wasn't happy as a SAHD, so, no, I wouldn't want him to be again.  I love him, his happiness is very important to me.

serioussifL
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I would not. My husband can make a lot more money than I ever could, even if I worked 80+ hours a week. He knows my dream was to be a sahm. And like a PP said, the house would never be clean.

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Quoting misssy2000:

It would not work for us, dh would not like it and we would be broke for all the money wed have to spend on paying someone to clean. If he was the type of man that could do it and wanted to I would have no problem with it. He is really good at teaching the kids and dealing with them, but the other hose stuff not so much.

ROFL! Us too!

I love your new siggy btw. :)

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)