Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All of this junk about "should a man force a woman to carry a baby she doesn't want"......

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM
  • 13 Replies

I honestly think that when you start a sexual relationship you should talk about things like this.

"what if I get pregnant" - then discuss your views and opinions and what should be done if it were to happen.

I had this conversation with DF. We were 15 and 17 at the time but I thought it was something important that needed to be worked out, just in case. 

If the person I was having sex with was like "no way, I vote abortion" then I probably wouldn't have sex with that person. Some people would be oposite, if he says "no abortion" but you say "yes abortion" then don't screw the guy.

I know I'm not wording this right and I'm not getting my point across as clearly as I would like to. My general idea is make a plan for unexpected pregnancy. That sounds stupid, you don't plan an unexpected pregnancy.....

OK I'm really sucking at this right now. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, could you please clarify.... my brain has gone to lala land and I'm not sure when it will be back.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwensMama824
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Everyone go to bed already? 

junebug624
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I get what you're saying... plan B (not the pill), but actually discuss how you feel if "this" happens... unfortunately most women who have 1 night stands or friends with benefits dont discuss these things because in the heat of hormonal passion it wouldnt sound right... 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I think I get you, and I would never have sex with someone that thought abortion was a option. We obviously dont have the same values/morals and I dont want to be with someone who thinks that you can take the easy way out like that. I have nothing aginst people who get them, but I could not be with someone that thinks that way about our children.

starlight1611
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM

That's why sex should wait until marriage, so during pre-marriage counseling you can talk about these kind of things.

in loveboy n girlpuppycat

*Military Wife to my HS sweetheart and SAHM to our 2 most amazingĀ children DS(4.5) & DD (3)* & our 2 furbabies Brody(Puggle) & Sophie(Cat)

lvnmylif
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM

You are right but the fact is that simply isn't how most people do things.  I know I never spoke about these things with anyone I wasn't serious about.  The men I simply dated but wasn't interested in a long term relationship I made sure not to get pregnant.  If my precautions had failed I would have had an abortion and never told them.  I would not have felt the need to involve them with it. 

NattysMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM

I understand what you're saying and it makes perfect sense! Don't know why people don't do it....but, people don't a lot of things they should.

Sometimes it takes all the energy I have to not go off and tell some bitch just how stupid she really is!! So excuse me for sounding rude...I'm trying to be nice...it's just that you're probably that bitch today  =]

OwensMama824
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:13 AM

I can't say I totally agree with you.... but you are kind of right.

Why is it that I can be smart enough at 15 to have that conversation but older people can't?

Quoting starlight1611:

That's why sex should wait until marriage, so during pre-marriage counseling you can talk about these kind of things.

blessedmama518
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM

You made perfect sense to me. SO and I talked about it before I got pregnant and we didnt plan it at all. BUT I did say "If I were to get pregnant, Im not getting an abortion"...soo when it did come to that, he knew and never even brought it up.  But, then again he's the type that feels like its a womans decision ultimately.

MzSeXyC
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM

what you said makes perfect sense. :) 

i never had that conversation with my S/O, when we first got together. luckily, we both have the same views though lol.

the only thing i can really say about your post. is what if people change? there are people who are pro-life, but have still found their self in a situation where they chose to abort. for whatever reason. so i think, even with sitting down and talking with your S/O. you guys could have the same views, but at some point one of you might change how you feel.

Sirenabella
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

You made perfect sense to me. I've always said ppl should have that discussion before sleeping together. If you don't agree about whats to be done in the event of an accidental pregnancy don't sleep together. Unfortunately most ppl don't bother with that discussion and even the ones that do often change their minds when it actually happens.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)