Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Late.. always late...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

what would you do if your husband was ALWAYS late coming home from work.. as in 30-45 minutes late if your lucky. Add to this he already works 12 hour days 6:45-6:45 leaving you home with a new born and a toddler all day. Making your sit down family dinner begin at 7:30 if your lucky more often 8pm and your toddler goes to bed at 8-8:30pm.

Oh and he works a 2 minute drive from home.. so its not traffic or anything like that.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
joci2203
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM

My husband works at night, on the rare occasion he works during the day (weekend) he has been known to come home late.  It is frustrating because I cherish the few nights we get all together as a family. 

Does he come home late because he is working extra, or is he getting a drink after work or something?

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Depends on why he was always late. I'm sure mine wouldn't be any happier about being late than I would.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

KT9105
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Mine calls several times during the day and usually when he's on his way home.  But he's Army so there is no "late" really, it's whenever he's done with what he's doing. 

My dad was always the same way - he wasn't military, but worked all the time so he was always "late."  ETA: We rarely ate with my dad, it was just mom and us kids because of dad's schedule. 

CafeMom Tickers
acaisha
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:12 AM

well he isn't catching a drink because he isn't a socail drinker like that.. he tells me its because the people at work always want him for things before he goes home. He is the RN supervisor at an assisted living home. I understand that sometimes things need to be done like when a client passes away etc. But EVERY night, literally, he has been home on time maybe once since he started there in august. I know his personality he is trying to be the nice guy and not put his foot down. He has even said sometimes its things that they really didn't need him for. I just want him to grow a set of overies on the outside of his body and tell them he needs to go home to be with his family. It's not fair he puts work infront of us when its imo often unnecessary to do so. He doesn't even get paid for the extra time and he already skips lunch and doesn't get paid and goes in 30-45 minutes early every day and doesn't get paid for it.

joci2203
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Quoting acaisha:

well he isn't catching a drink because he isn't a socail drinker like that.. he tells me its because the people at work always want him for things before he goes home. He is the RN supervisor at an assisted living home. I understand that sometimes things need to be done like when a client passes away etc. But EVERY night, literally, he has been home on time maybe once since he started there in august. I know his personality he is trying to be the nice guy and not put his foot down. He has even said sometimes its things that they really didn't need him for. I just want him to grow a set of overies on the outside of his body and tell them he needs to go home to be with his family. It's not fair he puts work infront of us when its imo often unnecessary to do so. He doesn't even get paid for the extra time and he already skips lunch and doesn't get paid and goes in 30-45 minutes early every day and doesn't get paid for it.

My husband is like that, he has a hard time saying no.  Have you talked to him about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)