Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do we argue over this crap?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

Okay so I was just reading the formula feeding is creepy post and it got me thinking. Who gives a shit? Seriously.. I dont know why all the BFing mom's have to act like FFing is so awful. I have BF before with my first child and I hated every minute of it. So really whatever works for you. The smell does not gross me out, I actually enjoyed that smell and looked forward to it. It reminded me of the bonding time that I got with my boys when it was feeding time. Theres really not a huge difference in holding a baby to your boob and holding one in your arms with a bottle. Some women just arent comfortable with their bodies being exposed and having to run into the other room everytime a visitor comes over and baby is hungry. Some women just dont like BFing at all. But really who cares how another mom is feeding her baby as long as they are both happy, healthy, and enjoying that special feeding time together?

R.I.P Uncle Bruce

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:13 AM

It was a joke post.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Apparently you missed the "Is breastfeeding creepy" post.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Idiosyncratic
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM

because most people have a deep inner need to be right...

and when something threatens that they attack...

I think it's really because every mother out there is insecure about something to do with how they parented that when they have something they think they know they did right they play it up tremendously because in their own mind it erases the past mistakes that they've made themselves...

it's more of a self protection thing I think....

I dunno....  cafemom has given me a new philosophy regarding women....

It's beautiful....

FaerieMommie23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Guess I did. Either way I think I make a good point.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Apparently you missed the "Is breastfeeding creepy" post.

R.I.P Uncle Bruce

twitchymom78
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:15 AM

i agree with you 100%... but some people are dumbasses... i had a nurse on the maternity  tell me i was a horrible mom because i didnt breast feed.

tishalb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM

I agree!!! I BF my first child until she was almost a year old, and my other 2 kids only BF for about 3 months. They are all perfectly healthy and my bond is no different with the first then the others. It's just people who have nothing better to do with their time than think they are better than everyone else. Everyone is allowed to their opinion, but just because mine doesn't match yours doesn't make me a bad person!!!banging head into wall

Lissachck
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:19 AM

The thing that really upsets me is that a lot of women come here for support and help, and what do we do? We bash them and make them feel bad for the decisions they make. Not everyone is like you (general you, not YOU you). Not everyone has the same beliefs. Shoving it down their throats and making them feel like a-holes for THEIR choices as a mother is bullying behavior.

I'm a firm believer in...do what you do, just make sure your kid is happy, healthy and loved. If they have that, then who am I to judge?

Kaylee0823
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM

I actualy made a comment in the formula feeding is creepy one ..... like i dont get it either ... there is soooo many women on here not everyone is going to agree on everything , why are some people so concerned and so worried about how a child is fed as long as its fed ? why are people who FF bad moms ? .... why cant everyone just get over themselves and get a life and worry about more important things other than how a child is fed like who really gives a flying rats azz ? why cant we use CM for what its really for , for advice , for sharing stories , and to make new friends and experience things together and meet people who are going through the same things as you and get support from other women ? instead everyone is arguing about bfing and ffing and also not to mention this whole abortion things SO WHAT everyone has their own openion your not going to change their minds GET OVER IT !!!!!!! 

celticreverie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM

this post is presumptious. You can't say"all breastfeeding moms" and exclude the vast amount of FF who mock, call names, and disrespect breastfeeding mothers.

healthy is also subjective. each mother has their own definition and view of healthy. some are great with "just fine" others strive for something more.

Brandie7
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I agree.. Ive always been for breastfeeding. And for the mom's who are able to do it..be thankful! because some of us mom's never got to have that experience. Yes, you can pump...but pumping doesn't last that long. Ive done with my two older kids. My 3rd I lost all my milk when he was 2 wks due to stress...because he got put the hospital for losing a pound due to the hospital where I had him not paying attention he had a type of cleft palate..so now he needs a special bottle....

So instead of bashing..be thankful

air forcefeeding babytoddler boyice creamcome homejigsaw ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)