• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help FAST

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:26 AM
  • 17 Replies

DH and I have been arguing. He's in North Dakota, I'm in Wyoming. We're supposed to move to North Dakota and tomorrow he tells them how many people he's moving (they house us for the first few months). Well, he has told me that if I ever hang up the phone on him again he will divorce me.

I think this is bull shit and a flimsy reason to divorce me. But he's pushing it and I told him that if he was serious, that if he'd divorce me for that then we might as well just skip a few steps and divorce now. Now he's telling me that he's serious and that I need to make up my mind on what I want to do tonight.

I'm torn and I know that no one can make up my mind for me, but what would you do and why?

ETA - he just told me why he thinks hanging up on him is such a big deal. Because it borders on the line of disrespect.

This coming from a man who has made fun of me and my weight, my hair color, and any time I say something even remotely stupid he makes fun of me. And anytime anyone else (including himself) says something stupid he calls it a "mommy lisa moment".

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmyaustin
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM

get a divorce over what?

junebug624
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I think you both need to sleep on in and figure things out tomorrow and leave it at that...you wont accomplish anything tonight... you are both obviously stressed 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:29 AM

He's probably just stressed with moving and upset and talking out his ass..Be the bigger person and let it go.Once you get settled after the move things will be better..

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Well it seems that he doesn't care one way or the other if you guys stay married.  If it were me I wouldn't waste my time with someone who cared so little, I would stay where I was at and send him the divorce papers.

pregnancy calendar

baby

mommy_lisa25
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Quoting junebug624:

I think you both need to sleep on in and figure things out tomorrow and leave it at that...you wont accomplish anything tonight... you are both obviously stressed 

He won't let me. He tells me that I need to make a decision now. And it's just pissing me off even more. I've told him repeatedly that I need to think about it and he won't take that as an answer.

OneToughMami
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Hmmm...yeah...maybe there's more to it than hanging up on people...mind you in a fit of anger I told my husband once I would punch him in the mouth if he ever hung up on me...um yeah...that's less serious than a divorce...

Do you enjoy wrestling? Click the picture and tune in to the Golden Creveat Wrestling Show every Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 pm, to discuss the latest WWE, TNA, Indy, and MMA news and hot topics.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Set some ground rules for when you argue. If you can't have an argument without making threats, calling each other names, or hanging up on each other, you both need to grow up a bit.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

mommy_lisa25
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Set some ground rules for when you argue. If you can't have an argument without making threats, calling each other names, or hanging up on each other, you both need to grow up a bit.

That's just it. We have ground rules, and one of them is not to make empty threats. We don't threaten to leave or divorce one another unless we mean it. I was exhausted last night and already apologized for hanging up on him (even though he was being a pretentious dick) and he's still being nasty. I even tried joking with him and being nice today, and he's STILL being a prick which is why I think the hanging up thing is just an excuse.

judybant
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:33 AM

sounds to ME like he's looking for a reason to divorce you, and blame YOU for it... I'd be calling a lawyer, just in case, to find out what the next steps are, and then telling HIM that you do NOT want a divorce, and if it's not really what HE wants, then when I get to ND, we'll be going for counseling, to find out why we were being so immature, as to be hanging up on each other, and threatening divorce over something so incredibly stupid as being hung up on.  

MissAndrea125
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:34 AM

In all fairness, it doesn't sound like he wants you to be included in his move? Isn't that kinda what he said? I'd be finding my own way, without him, I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)