• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, I wish she would leave her comments to herself!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM
  • 1 Replies

I don't know if she does it intentionally or not, but my MIL will make a comment every now and then on FB that seems like its a total jab at me and I want to rip my hair out.

I went back to school (online) to finish getting my Associates degree that I started 15 years ago.  My DH is going for his Bachelor's degree.  Well I have a lot of trouble putting things into words, at least as far as writing essays go, so DH has to coach me alot.  I wish I was better at it but I'm not.  So he was talking about his assignment and she comments about how busy he is and that its great that I have him to help me (which I totally appreciate, believe me) and that its like he's taking 2 classes, his and mine.  It just set me off cause its like she thinks I don't do anything at all, and believe me, I bust my ass.

He just defended me thank goodness.  Told her I do the majority of the work on my own, he just gives me ideas, sometimes helps me with writing my introductions (I have the hardest time with those, I don't know why).

Anyway, its because of this (my inability to write essays without struggling) that I decided not to go for my Bachelor's degree.  I can't take another 2-3 years of being stressed out while trying to write a paper.  DH has enough on his plate w/ his own degree program, and our boy needs attention that two of us going to school at the same time is taking from him.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:55 AM

ignore her--you are doing your best!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)