Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do 10 month olds take one or two naps usually?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 AM
  • 26 Replies

cause my baby is always wide awake from like 10 to  midnight. i lay her down for bed around 7:30

she takes two naps a day.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
begamom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I don't know. My 8 month old takes 2 long naps a day

MixedCooke
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:01 AM

2 naps but some take one long one.  They usually drop a nap around 1 year.  Maybe you should try pushing back her bedtime to 8 or 830pm.

kk_bella
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Mine always took two.

My younger one, of course, has an older sibling and so he very quickly learned to take one long nap. I had nothing to do with that, he just seemed to want to be awake when she was.

tourettesmomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:02 AM

sometimes they do ,depending on the baby and how long there first nap was and how sound. But be carefull that it doesnt mess her sleep patterns up. Thats the problems i had with my oldest daughter

LovinCambree
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:03 AM

My daughter has always been a good sleeper. She used to take one short nap and one long nap a day. Between 10 and 11 months that changed to 1 nap a day. She usually takes 1 nap a day now for about 2 to 3 hrs. Some days she doesn't even take a nap and just goes to bed early.

Indianamomto4
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:03 AM

My four were usually still taking 2 a day at that age and then a couple of months after their first birthday they would start cutting down to one. May be her second nap is too late in the day or she's napping for too long during that second nap? If you keep her up from her second nap is she really crabby? this was always my litmus test for if they still needed a nap. When you keep them up and their miserable and make you miserable I say a nap is needed!

Kim mom of Zach, Emily, Jacob, and Sethknitting

Idiosyncratic
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:04 AM

my 19 month olds still take two naps a day...

luvmybaby430
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:04 AM

thanks, i am wondering if it is something that i am doing with her naps, like not long enough or to long, i dont know, i know from the time she was born to about 3 months she had her days and nights mixed up, so i am wondering if she has them mixed up again or what?

luvmybaby430
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM

the morning nap you can tell she needs it,  so i lay her down around 9 and i wake her up around 10:00, and then i lay her down again around 1 and that is it, and she will sleep until around 3

Quoting Indianamomto4:

My four were usually still taking 2 a day at that age and then a couple of months after their first birthday they would start cutting down to one. May be her second nap is too late in the day or she's napping for too long during that second nap? If you keep her up from her second nap is she really crabby? this was always my litmus test for if they still needed a nap. When you keep them up and their miserable and make you miserable I say a nap is needed!

PurlWise
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Mine has been on two naps since about that age and he is now pushing 15 months old.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)