• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

easy dinner ideas.. HELP

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 AM
  • 34 Replies

I need easy dinner ideas.. I'm not a big cooker but I'm in the process of learning how to cook.. I have learned how to make a few things this past week.. So please mommas help me with easy dinner ideas.. My SO is kinda picky but if I can hide things in the food without him knowing then that'll be okay.. Just give me anything I'm desperate I'm so tired of hamburger helper and spaghetti haha.. Thank yall

And I will need the recipes haha

Heres a list of what he does NOT like.. I will keep adding to it whenever I remember more things..

HE doesnt like: guacamole, sour cream, fish, mustard, spicy spicy foods, onions, green peppers, tomatos, olives, mushrooms, brocolli, and theres more let me think

SOME of those things I might be able to hide and he might deal with it so still give me the recipes.. O yea he will eat cooked onions and sometimes tomatoes..

BTW I am buying a crock pot tomorrow haha..
Is a slow cooker the same thing as a crock pot?

Thank yall for all these replies and keep them coming haha
I'm gana surprise my SO with a new meal tomorrow night when he gets off (lets just hope he doesnt come home to a burnt down house haha) Wish me luck and keep one sending more recipes he will be so happy that he's eatting stuff other than hamburger helper, spaghetti and those porcuppine hamburger rolls haha

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBM99
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:42 AM

bump??

smus73
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Here's one my family likes......

Smoked sausage, kielbasa or ring bolonga

Potatoes, about 5 medium

Onions

Green pepper

Italian seasoning packet or Ranch if you prefer

Olive oil

Cut  potatoes into bite size chunks, put in a bowl. Add about 3 tbsps of olive oil and seasoning packet. Put potatoes in a 9x13 (? the size for a cake) dish and cook at 350 for about 20 minutes. Slice the sausage, onion and pepper, add to the pan after the 20 minutes. Cook another 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.

Sorry, I am really bad about meaurements and cooking times. I don't usually write it all down and just go by memory as I make something.

Staci~~ Loving wife to Brent and harried but loving mom to Brandon-13, Cassidy-4 and Aidan-2.

mamadrama07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:47 AM

This is so easy and so good! My family loves it!

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup  (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)

1 1/3 cups water

3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 cup frozen mixed vegetables

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half  (about 1 pound)

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

• Heat the oven to 375°F.  Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. 
  • Top with the chicken. Cover the baking dish.
  • Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.

usafmomx2x2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Take a some chicken.  (boneless breast, bone in breast or a cut up chicken)

Make a dry rub, garlic powder (2 tbsn), a packet of ranch seasoning, black pepper (1 tbsn), tony's cajun seasoning (2tbs)

take some olive oil and rub it on to the chicken then put the dry rub on it.  Put the chicken in a casserole dish or a deep cookie dish.  add some chicken stock or water to the bottom of the dish, just enough to cover the bottom.

put in an oven set at 300 for a couple of hours.  When it is done, take it out and chop or shred the meat and add to a salad of your choice.

smus73
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM

How picky is your SO? What wont he eat? I have a few more easy ones but knowing what he wont eat might help.

TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I have always found that you can make just about anything with a can of soup, some pasta or rice, a little protein, and some veggies. . . .

Goulash: cook pasta of your choice; brown 1 lb hamburger.  Add some onions, worcestshire sauce, 1 can tomato soup, a handful of shredded cheese.  Mix pasta in and serve.

Taco Bake: brown 1 lb hamburger.  Add 2 cups salsa, 1 can tomato soup, and 6 larg-ish tortillas cut into pieces.  Put into baking dish and sprinkle top with cheese.  Cover and bake at 350 until cheese melts. 

Alfredo: cook pasta of your choice.  cut up skinless, boneless chicken breasts and saute in pan.  Add veggies of your choice and 1 can cream of chicken soup.  Toss with pasta and serve.

Honey Mustard Chicken: cook rice.  Saute boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  In a small pot, heat 1 can cream of chicken soup with a few tablespoons each of honey, brown mustard, and mayo.  Add more mustard and honey to taste.  Serve sauce over chicken and rice. 

EmmasMom0305
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

This is our favorite meal, if you have a pressure cooker it only takes about 1 1/2- 2 hrs to cook (not counting the time it takes for the meat to get cooled down enough to pull). 

Pulled Pork BBQ

pork roast- cooked and shredded

1 cup celery

2TBS butter

1 lrg sliced onion

2 cups tomato juice or fresh tomato (I use fresh tomato)

1 cup ketchup

2 TBS brown sugar

1/2 tsp dried mustard

salt and pepper to taste

2 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups boiling water

put everything in a pan, bring to a boil. Then cook on low until most of the juice is gone, stirring frequently.

I serve it on french sandwich rolls 

KBM99
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:57 AM

He doesnt like mustard, olives, onions, spicy stuff, tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms, hot sauce.. Theres prolly a lot more but I cant think of it.. If the onions are cooked he will eat them as long as there not BIG, he will eat tomatoes SOMETIMES like if they're in a sauce and not HUGE chunks and if I can hide the green peppers or mushrooms he'd never know haha.. some things I can get away with but others if they're big chunks he can normally take them out.. But he will eat mild stuff but not REALLY spicy.. BTW he's mexican and doesnt eat like a mexican haha.. We always tell him he was ment to be white because he doesnt eat like a mexican haha

Quoting smus73:

How picky is your SO? What wont he eat? I have a few more easy ones but knowing what he wont eat might help.

a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:57 AM
Sorry I'm on from my phone so my format will be messed up.
Tortilla soup
Boil 3 chicken breasts and shred by hand
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of black beans
1 can (small) of green chilies
can of diced tomatoes, drained
2 cans of enchilada sauce
1-2 packets of taco seasoning (to taste)
1/4 c of cilantro
1 small onion
juice of 2-3 limes
1 tablespoon of cumin
chicken broth to fill the rest of the crock pot
salt and pepper to taste
cook in crock pot on low for at least 4 hours
crush hint of lime chips and put on bottom of bowl, top with cheese, avacado, and sour cream
KBM99
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

I have always found that you can make just about anything with a can of soup, some pasta or rice, a little protein, and some veggies. . . .

Goulash: cook pasta of your choice; brown 1 lb hamburger.  Add some onions, worcestshire sauce, 1 can tomato soup, a handful of shredded cheese.  Mix pasta in and serve.

Taco Bake: brown 1 lb hamburger.  Add 2 cups salsa, 1 can tomato soup, and 6 larg-ish tortillas cut into pieces.  Put into baking dish and sprinkle top with cheese.  Cover and bake at 350 until cheese melts. 

Alfredo: cook pasta of your choice.  cut up skinless, boneless chicken breasts and saute in pan.  Add veggies of your choice and 1 can cream of chicken soup.  Toss with pasta and serve.

Honey Mustard Chicken: cook rice.  Saute boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  In a small pot, heat 1 can cream of chicken soup with a few tablespoons each of honey, brown mustard, and mayo.  Add more mustard and honey to taste.  Serve sauce over chicken and rice. 

With the honey mustard Chicken what other sauces could I use besides honey mustard because he HATES and I mean HATES mustard..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)