• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice....Quick!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

my dd (she's 2) was doing great at potty training until she just quit, a few months ago.  then, out of nowhere, tonight she says she needs to use the potty.  and she's been going pee-pee every 5 minutes...all night!  now, i can't get her to go to bed because she has to go pee-pee and screams when i try to put a diaper or pull-up on her.  i don't want to discourage her, and i really don't want another set-back. 

does anyone know what to do??

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
luvnmyfam13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Haven't gone thru this yet. Mine is only 11 months Good luck and here's a bump

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:49 AM

My little boy was easy after the first downfall and I bribed him then! so no clue! Make a chart with a cool incentive!

oporb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Is she peeing??? I mean, assuming you're putting her on potty......

I wonder if she has a UTI ---- or if she's just not wanting to go to bed.....

I'd give her some juice and put on a movie/music and make her lie down...... my kids have tv in their room, so easy fix

eyeheartsin
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:51 AM

stop giving her fluids and put her to bed in panties

tishalb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Sounds to me like it's just for the attention!!! If you showed excitement when she wanted to use the potty then she is probably just looking for more of that. Is she actually peeing everytime she sits or is she just sitting? A good rule is to stop fluids at least an hour before bedtime, make her sit before she goes to bed. She is probably just playing it up, and you may have to work through it over the next few days. Just try to get her into a routine.

MixedCooke
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:22 AM

yeah it could just be a way to extend her bedtime and stay up later.

lovemymarine306
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:29 AM

we know its just for the praise and attention, because we praise her every time she pees.  and yes, every time she cries that she has to pee she will force some amount of urine to come out...and that's with us stopping giving her liquids hours ago. 

our issue is simply that she wants to pee so often, and says "I can't go to bed, I have to pee".  Maybe she does have a UTI.  hmm...

Quoting tishalb:

Sounds to me like it's just for the attention!!! If you showed excitement when she wanted to use the potty then she is probably just looking for more of that. Is she actually peeing everytime she sits or is she just sitting? A good rule is to stop fluids at least an hour before bedtime, make her sit before she goes to bed. She is probably just playing it up, and you may have to work through it over the next few days. Just try to get her into a routine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)