Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about labor???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:47 AM
  • 4 Replies

ok I have never had natural birth and have had 3 pregnancies all c sections. Well my cousin is a week over due and has lost her mucous plug but now has bloody discharge. Is this normal? its been goinf on about 3 days now she says baby is moving but all the family is really worried.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
USMCBride08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

yeap =] its her bloody show. and usually means labor is soon 

You can keep your army khaki, You can keep your Navy blue. I have the world's best fighting man to introduce to you. His uniform is different, the best you've ever seen. The Germans call him "Devil Dog", his real name is MARINE. He's deadly with a rifle, his bayonet made of steel. He took the warrior's calling card, he's mastered how to kill. And when he gets to Heaven, ST Peter he will tell, "One more Marine reporting Sir, I've spent my time in Hell". So listen all you young girls, my Devil Dog is clever. Go find yourself a new Marine, cuz this one's mine forever. He'll hug me and he'll kiss me, and treat me like a Queen. There is no better fighting man than a UNITED STATES MARINE. SEMPER FI

countrymom0707
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

she should be having a baby anytime now, I did this exact same thing... except I started having contractions when I lost my plug. Three days later I was having a baby, I had to have a c-section I think my daughter could have held out a little longer but we both got an infection so it was time for her to come.

But to answer your question, I think it is ok. Just be prepared for her to be in labor very soon!!

tishalb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Perfectly normal!!! Has she seen her Dr.? If everything is fine and the baby isn't under any stress then they will probably let her progress naturally!!!

celticreverie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Perfectly normal. Neither of those guarantee and immediate labor. She's not overdue until she passes 42 weeks anyways. She may not even be 40 weeks, due dates are notorious for being wrong. They are just *estimates* anyways.

I had prodromal labor for 2 1/2 weeks before I had Taegen (at 40w6d). I lost my plug in pieces the last month and had bloody discharge for the last week.

She'll go when her body/baby is ready and there's no need to go to the doctor/hospital yet (unless she's having bleeding or other issues obviously)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)