Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BABY SHOWER VENT (UPDATE)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:29 AM
  • 25 Replies

So for about a month or so, I had a baby shower planned for a now EX friend. I had planned to make lasanga, since mostly everyone that was coming was bringing something else, so guest started coming to my house, I ended up making some italian potatos, dipped fruit and pie, since I was worried people wouldn't bring enough. She called half the guest, not me or anyone that was here, and changed the plans, lied to half the guest and told them I had agreed to it, ummm no I didn't I said my house was fine and if she wanted to bring drinks that would be great. I am beyond pissed off, this "person"  lied to me, lied to half the meetup group, and lied to her own husband. The worst part was I tried calling her to see if she was running late, since it was 30 mins into the shower without the guest of honor, she didn't answer her phone and only answered it when my husband called her for me about 5 times, she basically made it clear that the effort into her baby shower wasn't wanted or apperciated, she then told her husband, that my husband called her a bitch. My husband would never ever do that, even if it is the truth, and told her husband so, he believed him over her, which makes sense since this "person" has spent the entire day being a liar. Ugh my hubby bascally said screw her, they are dead to me now and should be dead to you too. I agree, I can't believe that dis, I went out of my way and I feel like she is an ungrateful child. Okay vent over.

UPDATE:

She now wants to call my DH's chain of command and the MP's to tell on me and request a restraining order, lol for talking about her. She had the nerve to text my husband and talk all this but won't even try that crap with me, lol she is so dumb, no respectable MP is gonna take her seriously.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom0f2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:32 AM

:-( That is VERY VERY rude 

Photobucket
pregnancy due date
MsDean
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM

What a wackjob! You would think she would be grateful for a baby shower.

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

Kaelansmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM

I would have had her pay for the food, what you made and what the guests that did show up made.....plus some. That was incredibly rude. 

Lissachck
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:39 AM

VERY RUDE! Heck, I never had anyone offer to do anything for my baby showers except my mom. I would have been totally grateful if a friend offered! Sounds like you are better off without her as a friend.

pixxydust
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:11 AM

how rude

I never got a baby shower I had three children and never got one.

If someone would have thrown me one I would be very gratefull

baby showers is a very sore subject with me.

lyrick24
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:20 AM

sounds like my sister n law. her to be mother in law planned a bridal shower and 2 hours before she was supposed to arrive called her and told her that her uncle in the nursing home had died and it was going to have to be cancelled. little did she know that i worked in that nursing home and her uncle was fine! sorry hun!

coug7099
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:12 AM

I hope you all went ahead with the shower, had loads of fun without her and donated all the gifts the guests had brought. 

FaerieMommie23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:18 AM

That is really shitty. I have planned showers for friends before and it takes alot of planning, effort, and money! I would be just as pissed as you are if someone did that to me.

R.I.P Uncle Bruce

savannahnhi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM
Quoting college.mom0f2:

:-( That is VERY VERY rudeĀ 

Adamsmommy1608
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:16 AM

Yeah I wasn't too happy, the thing that pissed me off the most other than lying, is bringing DH into, by saying that he called her a bitch and was harrassing her, no after I called her and her not answering the phone, he found out by someone else that she decided that it would be at her house and she decided not to call me. So he called her from his phone and surprise she answered, he then was like "____, Lisa"s is really upset, why did you do that? There are guest here and food, basically she said she didn't care, and tried to lie and tell him I agreed, he said no she didn't if she did she wouldn't have made the food here, and she said well I don't care".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)