Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you have pain meds?

Options:

Hell yes!

Yes because of c-section

no ran out of time but would have

no didnt want any by choice

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

Pain meds for your labor and delivery? I had three children and didnt have pain meds with 2 of them the 3rd I had to because it was a c-section. I freaked out about the section because i had lightening fast deliveries with 1st and 2nd. Then my last decided to flip breech after being head down almost the whole pregnancy 36 week 3 days, and then i went into labor 4 hours after finding out he was breech. I couldnt do a breech birth because of the postion of his legs one by his head and another under his butt. So off I went for a secton 30 mins after going to hospital...mind you I was 6cm and laboring fast...my OB Doc cant do sections so she called another doc and he was at the hospital within 15 mins(came from home) he lives in another town. I hated the the spinal!! I hated the way it made me feel i couldnt get up for hours and hours unlike the last two....I felt sooo sick becasue of the meds they gave me....To top it off my child was deadly ill with lung failure and i couldnt get up and see him because i was so sick and dizzy after the section. Now my 4th child will have to be born by a c-section and im so upset....sorry so long thought i would tell my story also. Thanks for reading

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kaelansmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:50 AM

I had pain meds. I decided before hand that I would. I was induced, DS was about a week and a half late. the weird thing is, I was having contractions up until they put the epidural in and I never felt anything.......not even when they started poking around....and my contractions were off the scale.... 

steph2884
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM

I had a spinal with my son because I had to have an emergency csec with him when I wasn't even in labor. I had an epidural with my daughter because I was attempting vbac and had no idea what the pain was going to be like. My doula wasn't able to come, and the nurses kept asking me if I wanted an epidural after each contraction... so I caved and got one. If we decide to have another baby I want to get a doula that will be there and ask for a different nurse if they can't keep their mouths shut! But I guess it was meant to be for the epidural since my daughter's heart was beating above 200 and they wanted to get her out asap so they used forceps and I tore pretty badly. Wouldn't have wanted to know what that would have felt like without being numb!!!

jcsmummy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:04 AM

i was given meds without my consent. if all goes as planned the next one will be born at home without any chance of having unwanted interventions forced upon me.

Draysmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:08 AM

I went for the first 9 hours without pain meds, I was induced. and then I got an epidural because i wasnt dilating and they wanted to give more pitocin and I was soo sick. Then after another 4 hours they did a Csection. Then pain meds after that!! lol But I dont care how he got here! Im just happy he made it out!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
OneToughMami
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:26 AM

I don't do pain meds...at all ever...

Do you enjoy wrestling? Click the picture and tune in to the Golden Creveat Wrestling Show every Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 pm, to discuss the latest WWE, TNA, Indy, and MMA news and hot topics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)