Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your decor style?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:59 AM
  • 17 Replies

I am just curios what every one's decor style is.

I always thought that our house was cute, I love my kitchen and cant wait to get my dinning room done.  A friend of mine asked me what I thought my 'Decor Style' was and to be honest I had no clue what she was talking about.  So I looked around the house and noticed that I don't have one particular style.  Each room is different, with its own colors scheme, accents, and whatnots. 

What is your style?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:01 AM

I don't have one really I just buy and have cute stuff!

Ladygrey76
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Everything is in soft color paints(sand colored) and everything is native american and wolves..if i could find the right style border fot the bathroom,id have it about done.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Well, right now my 2 1/2 year old son just decorated his dresser with blue pencil scribbles LOL again! I just cleaned the darn thing off with a magic eraser and painted it again today. So broken pencil in garbage and frustrated mama! Ugh! Ok rant over. Not sure what decorating styles are, I just decorate with things that I like.

Click on the link above to join!

Mom2torandis
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Wanna see something funny?

Quoting dusky_rose:

Well, right now my 2 1/2 year old son just decorated his dresser with blue pencil scribbles LOL again! I just cleaned the darn thing off with a magic eraser and painted it again today. So broken pencil in garbage and frustrated mama! Ugh! Ok rant over. Not sure what decorating styles are, I just decorate with things that I like

mommagann
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:16 AM

I guess you could call my "style" more country than anything else...I like the dark reds and greens, oranges and blues ..then a pop of yellow, our sofas are gray/green overstuffed couches with lots of throw pillows, we have dark cheery woods in our house, in our furniture I mean..dressers tables entertainment center. I love roosters and have a few in the kitchen...have tons of family pictures everywhere. Crosses, Candles...bookcase full of cookbooks..I love my house, I feel good when I come home...its inviting and comfortable (:

cs_1498
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:16 AM

I sort of have different styles in every room as well, but my living room and my all time FAVORITE decor style is like a modern-retro. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 50s-70s.

Mama of twin girls

Samantha Nicole  October 28, 2006

Kalia Jade October 29, 2006

Daniel James September 21, 2009

OneToughMami
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:18 AM

It's stereotypical...we have a punch of New York and Puerto Rican themed pictures and such on the wall. Then the kitchen is an Irish explosion since it was my grandfather's favorite room in the house. My bathroom is fish. I like random stuff.

Do you enjoy wrestling? Click the picture and tune in to the Golden Creveat Wrestling Show every Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 pm, to discuss the latest WWE, TNA, Indy, and MMA news and hot topics.

steph2884
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:23 AM

I love Japanese style. It is clean, simple and beautiful.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Well our "theme" i guess is tropical in the living room and bathroom, shells and tropical plants, a guatemalan kitchen..lol! my dh is from Guatemala , so yeah..tropical/Guatemalan... ;)

Mom2torandis
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Never mind I can't show you until I can get some pics of it.  But one night during a sleep over my DD (who is 14yrs old) and her friends took different colored sharpie markers and wrote all over her walls.  The walls that you can't see just by looking through the door are covered from ceiling to floor in drawings, sayings and peoples names. 

Quoting Mom2torandis:

Wanna see something funny?

Quoting dusky_rose:

Well, right now my 2 1/2 year old son just decorated his dresser with blue pencil scribbles LOL again! I just cleaned the darn thing off with a magic eraser and painted it again today. So broken pencil in garbage and frustrated mama! Ugh! Ok rant over. Not sure what decorating styles are, I just decorate with things that I like

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)