Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT is in that bottle?!?!?!?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 AM
  • 30 Replies

So, I was out and about the other day and my son got hungry. I pulled his bottle out of his diaper bag and got him positioned to feed him.

As soon as I do this I hear, "is that breast milk or formula in tha bottle?"

I look up and had to look to my left to see a woman sitting there staring at me feeding my son.

I responded with, "I'm sorry...were you talking to me?"

her, "yes. are you feeding him breastmilk or formula?"

me, "does it really matter? I mean, he's getting fed either way, right?" (smile).

her, "well, if it's formula, then you should really reconsider your parenting techniques...you willingly put all those chemicals into your son's body...what kind of mother does that?"

me, "lots of mothers do that. how do you know he's not allergic to breastmilk? it can happen...happened to me when I was a baby. How do you know he doesn't have some kind of condition to where he needs formula over breast milk? How do you know if I was able to breast feed or not? Also, I NEVER said what was in the bottle..so why do you automatically assume it's formula?"

and then I got up and walked away...never told her what was in the bottle...lol!

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissViki
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:22 AM

LOL.  That's great.  I personally BF, but it seems like regardless of what you do you're not doing the right thing.  Good for you though Momma. 

rocklovinggirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM

what a dumb... well, she would have really annoyed me!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

One domestic housewife who loves her tattoos, rock music, crafts, cooking and most importantly her perfect little rock star and her head banging, amazing soldier!
ArianaRiRi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:30 AM

That "lady" has got some nerve! Sounds like you handled here well though. clapping

amberbrianne
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:31 AM

That is completly pathetic that someone would care that much about what another mom does with her own child! I BF my son, but I couldn't care less what another mom chooses to do with her child. Some people are really pathetic, I like how you responded to that psyco though.

Proud mommy to one amazing little boy!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:32 AM

You told her! (or didn't tell her) LOL.

Click on the link above to join!

nemiller
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:32 AM

how annoying.  i never did that to anyone and i never had it done to me, but it's obnoxious hearing stories about stuff other people have dealt with.

Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:47 AM

I would have told her it was goats milk as I am all out of orange soda.! 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

NattysMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Quoting Just_Bethy:

I would have told her it was goats milk as I am all out of orange soda.! 

LMAO!! Glad you didn't tell her...wasn't her business to ever ask in the first place!

gigglefiend121
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Ridiculous! I am pro breatfeeding and would never use formula unless I had to but I would never say anything like that! I feel you don't know their reasons and it is none of your business . Your child your choice!

darcyk10
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:11 AM

LOL I wouldnt have either. What is up with people these days? I mean really.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)