Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about your stretchmarks?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:01 AM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: How do you feel about your stretchmarks?

Options:

I love them. They are a badge of womanhood

They are okay. Not thrilled, but I deal with it.

They are nasty. I would have surgery to remove them.

Hated them so much I did have srugery to remove them.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 173

View Results

For those of us who were "blessed" with stretch marks, how do you feel about them?

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof4girlz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:03 AM

love to hate them!!  they have gone down alot,  however..yuck.  i don't need stretch marks to prove my motherhood,  i can look at my children!! LOL

mitch576
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:03 AM

real women have stretch marks...

my ass! lol

you never hear a 20 year old  hard body saying those words.

i dislike them.. but what can you do? sometimes you get them.. sometimes you don't. it's life.

you certainly don't need to be pregnant to get them so i don't know how it could be a badge of motherhood when fat men have them on their titties too.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:04 AM

I don't think it's the stretch marks I hate as much as the loose saggy skin on my belly. It will never go back to where it should be with out surgery.

boyd-family
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Mine just started and I hate hate hate them, I will do everything I can afford to get rid of them after he is born!!! 

CafeMom Tickers
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:07 AM

I just want to add that anyone who says they love their stretchmarks don't have stretchmarks that look like this....

This was like 2 years go when I was PG with DD

frankiesma530
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Quoting mitch576:

real women have stretch marks...

my ass! lol

you never hear a 20 year old  hard body saying those words.

i dislike them.. but what can you do? sometimes you get them.. sometimes you don't. it's life.

you certainly don't need to be pregnant to get them so i don't know how it could be a badge of motherhood when fat men have them on their titties too.

LOL

i hate the loose skin too

Things could be worse!

frankiesma530
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:09 AM

exactly how mine looked!!!  it made me so mad lol

now my stomach looks kinda like a deflated tire

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

I just want to add that anyone who says they love their stretchmarks don't have stretchmarks that look like this....

Things could be worse!

im23vaughn
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:09 AM

I hate them and had surgery to remove most of the them. I still have a few but 90% of them are gone. I agree that real woman have stretch marks saying just doesn't work me. I wasn't any less of a woman when I didn't have them and I am not any more of a woman because I do have them. Not too mention, in the summer time when I am in my bikini I will be glad this real woman's stretch marks are few and can't be seen! = )

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Mine too! Like I said, it's all the saggy skin that I hate, BLAH!

Quoting frankiesma530:

exactly how mine looked!!!  it made me so mad lol

now my stomach looks kinda like a deflated tire

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

mosfatal
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:14 AM

My son was VERY kind to me I didn't even how till my 8 mth  my in-laws had started ask my husand (soon to be) if I had miscarried...I got most of my strechmarks from a growth spurt I had the summer I turn 14 I grew allmost a foot and got hips LOL

This is my baby bump at 32 weeks pregg-o ...see the streach marks were already there

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)