• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH??? WHAT SHOULD I DO?? EDIT!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:41 AM
  • 21 Replies

My 20 month old daughter just woke up and when I went to get her I saw her and her entire crib was COVERED in vomit!!!!!!!!!!

She isn't sick, to temp, she ate the same thing we ate last night which was frozen pizza...

What should I do??? Call the doc???

Should I give her anything besides water???

I need advice, please help!

EDIT: She has diarrhea too!! : (

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TinaN64
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM

If she has no fever and doesn't act sick I'd keep her on bland foods today. 

That really sucks!  Can't imagine a way that is much worse to start the day.

purplemoosemom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Was she crying a lot last night or this morning?  Is she stuffed up and congested?  I'd just watch her this morning and see how she acts, what she does etc. 

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Bathe her and then make her comfortable. No I wouldn't run to the dr for just some puke. And I would let her decide if shes hungry. If she is I would let her eat. Puke doesn;t alwasys mean a stomach virus so there may be no reason to starve her.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

Jonathan101909
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Never mind my last post if you could see it. I misread the post. I'd clean her up, and see how she feels. If the vomitting continues I'd call the dr. and ask the advice nurse. But the pizza may have just disagree'd with her tummy. :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
nemiller
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 AM

if it were my son, i'd keep an eye on how he's acting and just do bland foods for the day (also, lots of fluids to flush the system).  if it happened again or he developed a fever or other symptoms, i'd go to the doctor at that point.

Solo_Fan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Give her pedialite to replenish her from throwing up.

nemiller
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:55 AM

read your update.  keep monitoring her, give her some pedialyte to prevent dehydration, and put her on the BRAT diet to help settle her tummy.  even just a sip here and a nibble there is better than nothing.  if you notice anything serious (fever, dehydration, lethargy, etc), get her in to her doctor ASAP.  hope she feels better soon!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:56 AM

No crying at all!

Quoting purplemoosemom:

Was she crying a lot last night or this morning?  Is she stuffed up and congested?  I'd just watch her this morning and see how she acts, what she does etc. 

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:57 AM

this is some sort of stomach bug that is going around. My 4 yr old woke up with the same thing last week. Had it since Tuesday, better Saturday night. Good Luck momma!

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:58 AM

See that's the thing I don't understand!!! We eat that pizza all the time and she's never done this before.

Quoting Jonathan101909:

Never mind my last post if you could see it. I misread the post. I'd clean her up, and see how she feels. If the vomitting continues I'd call the dr. and ask the advice nurse. But the pizza may have just disagree'd with her tummy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)