Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Question???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

My DH was laid off for 6 months in 2009. We went from a weekly income of  over $500.00 to a weekly income of $250.00. He got behind on ss's child support. He is now working and paying the monthly rate plus what ever extra we can afford to catch up the owed amount. My question is will they hold the rest of the owed amount from our tax refund. And if we try to do the instant money back will that mess it up? Thanks for your help. - Bethanny 

CafeMom Tickers

I am a 25 yr old, very happily married wife to Bobby for over 4 years. Proud step mom to dylan (5) and proud mommy to a spoiled but not rotten princess and my heart Kayelynne (3). Who loves my family and this country life and can't describe myself or my parenting style in this paragraph. If you don't like it don't read it.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jonathan101909
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Yes, the government can take the money from your tax return. It kinda depends on how far behind you are. For my oldest sister's ex he was over 10,000 in debt strictly because he's a lazy f*ck. They not only took his tax returns for 3 years but also took any legal income he had before he even saw the check. hope this helps! Good luck getting back on your feet!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:06 AM

Yes they will keep it.

I am not sure what happens with the instant money thing...but getting an instant refund is a huge waste of money anyways.

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:08 AM

DH says you can't do the instant money back if CS is owed.

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

Yes they will keep it.

I am not sure what happens with the instant money thing...but getting an instant refund is a huge waste of money anyways.

CafeMom Tickers
alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Yes they will take it.

I agree that the instant money thing is a waste of money; i did our taxes last week and we are going ot get them this friday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)