Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Pregnancy Pact

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM
  • 15 Replies

Who watched it and what did you think. 

If I were in that sistuation (being the mom of course) I'm not sure what I would do, I think I would be upset at first then I would talk to my DD about what she wanted to do keep it or give it up for adoption.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brittanie0327
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I think the girl's mom really stepped up.. More mom's should do that for their daughters...

But... the movie... It wasn't half as good as I thought it would be. Don't know why.. I was just kinda disappointed in it. lol.

But I gotta say.. the end made me get all teary. :) lol.

melissabilliot
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM

the girls were really stupid..i know because they were young but the parents didn't help...say oh you just brought another mouth for me to feed...i am sorry but no..if it were my son or daughter yes i would help..but they would work and go to school and take care of THEIR baby...these girls knew their parents would DO the work for them.....if it took it they would get 2 or 3 jobs espically  in the summer when school is out...i would ONLY watch the child for homework and school related things..and then i would probably charge..just me..think i am a hard b&$%h i don't care..but if they are GROWN UP enough to PLAN a baby...they are grown up enough to take care of the baby

Group Admin for Young Old School mamma's If your young and Like to keep the way you raise your kids old school then this group is for you...

savannahnhi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:50 AM

it was a good movie.

gmdrop
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:54 AM

My daughter is 9 right now and I watched that movie and the first thing I thought was that girl is 6 years older then my daughter. That just broke my heart. I honestly have no idea what I would do. I would LOVE to say that I would be this great supporting grandmother and help her raise her child...but jeez. A baby at 15?? I had her when I was 20 and didnt feel ready. I dont know. I would never suggest an abortion but I would maybe suggest adoption. Thats just the kind of situation that you have no idea what you would do until you are on it. The way her mom handled it though..I thought was beautiful. Thats how I would WANT to do it.

Please Pray for the Fort Hood Families

army

kay3118
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Hmsfroggy-

Yes I did watch the movie, and it was good, I love lifetime movies

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Quoting melissabilliot:

the girls were really stupid..i know because they were young but the parents didn't help...say oh you just brought another mouth for me to feed...i am sorry but no..if it were my son or daughter yes i would help..but they would work and go to school and take care of THEIR baby...these girls knew their parents would DO the work for them.....if it took it they would get 2 or 3 jobs espically  in the summer when school is out...i would ONLY watch the child for homework and school related things..and then i would probably charge..just me..think i am a hard b&$%h i don't care..but if they are GROWN UP enough to PLAN a baby...they are grown up enough to take care of the baby

Well if it were my kid i think i would say the same thing: You bought another mouth in this hosue for me to feed. At 14 and 15 those girls cannot legally work. At least here they can't and the parttime work that they can get at 16 won't be enough to fully support that baby so most of it would fall back onto me.

SouthernShawnee
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I watched and I liked it though I think it should've been a bit longer...like to show the girls having the babies and how hard it was once they did, but that's just me. Good movie though. Stupid, immature girls, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Quoting SouthernShawnee:

I watched and I liked it though I think it should've been a bit longer...like to show the girls having the babies and how hard it was once they did, but that's just me. Good movie though. Stupid, immature girls, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

The ending made it seem like it was easy. The girl in her room lovign all over this quiet perfectly still baby.

if lifetime didn't want to glamourize preganncy they shoudln't have done the ending that way.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM

i liked it! it was really good...i was upse tthey didnt update on the other girls , especially bc the one (karissa?) was asking rose about adoption ...

anyhoo .. i remember when i was younger , me and 4 friends said we were going to have kids together , lol , we never went thru w/ it though lol ... but i mean when this was all over the news thats all i kept saying 'alot of girlfriends growing up together say those things , if they follow thru .. ok ...'

what i got pissed about is , there were pregnant girls drinking! wow!

Brittanie0327
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:10 AM

And smoking.. This made me so mad.. Like yeah, it might have been how it happened... But Whoever made the movie, should have put a little more in there about it NOT being okay. If I was a 15 year old watching that movie.. I would've just assumed it's obviously not that bad for a baby..

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

what i got pissed about is , there were pregnant girls drinking! wow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)