Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need fun, cheap ideas for my son's Birthday Party...he will be 5!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

We always have family parties (complete with a big meal) but this year I am also letting my son have a very small kid party.

At our home, probably with 4 or so of his classmates.  Need ideas for maybe a game or activity and good bags on the cheap, but useable if possible.  I went to a craft store and they gave me an idea of buying small piggy bags and letting the kids take them home.  I thought this was a cute idea as it could be an activity and the goody bag thing.  I could put chocolate coins or some small treat inside.  Still wondering if we could do this or if there's even better ideas.  

My son is a huge fan of Thomas the tank engine, if that helps....

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
WLNL0507
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Aww, my baby is going to be 5 on Feb 4th :)   We're not having a party though. We are getting him a cake....Star Wars themed. And then taking him to this arcade pIlace for games and pizza.  I figure we can start the "friends" parties next year when he starts kindergarten.

2coolmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM

My son will be 5 on Feb 16th.  He has a few close friend/classmates that he would like to celebrate with, but because we also do a big family party and will also have to do up 18 goodie bags for his preschool class, I want to keep his party small and very simple.  I decided against having it somewhere because of the cost. Also, I live in the Northeast and the winter weather is unpredictable.  Winter birthdays mean everyone is crammed inside.  I need to be creative.

Hope your son has a great 5th birthday and enjoys his special trip to the arcade!

CarterMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:09 AM

my oldest just turned 5 and we had his party at chuck e cheese

we've always had kids and they've never really been interested in games, just running around and playing together. we (aside from this year) have done a pinata. you can do a spin on the classic pin the tail on the donkey and pin something to thomas lol of have a little craft if you think they'd like to do that... in my experience 5 y/o still just want to run around and play together though

good luck and happy bday to ur little boy

2coolmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Yes, maybe a Train project would be fun!    

We went to a rollerskating bday party a few weeks ago and he was scared when someone came out dressed up as a bear.  He is very afraid of them.  It all started at Toys R' Us one year when Geoffrey the giraffe came out....petrified.  So he won't do Chuck E Cheese. I'd like to just keep it at home.  We have a birthday party later today at a plaster fun time and he wanted to be sure that no one dressed up would be there........

MommaLaura
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I just googled it, and found a few.They had like pass the train, and pin the nose on james. and some other ones.

I will just give you the link.

http://www.teachingheart.net/thomastrainideas.html

http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/party.train_classic.htm

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/thomas_tank_engine_parties_2.html (this one someone just wrote in about what they did for their son's birthday party, thought there were some cute ideas. )

Hope these help!

Hello! I am Laura. Mom to 2 and stepmom to 1. Wife to a wonderful man! I like to meet new mommas so feel free to chat with me! 

snowgirl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)