Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RAV4's? have one? are they good??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM
  • 9 Replies

hubby and i are looking to get somethign bigger than our car but not excessivly big, from the pics i have seen RAV4s look about right in size for us and our 2 boys but we dont know alot oabout them other than they are toyotas lol so if anyone here has one or has had one id appreciate feedback on them! like what kinda things go wrong with them etc! Thanx!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:00 AM

so's mom & aunt have one ... his mom had 4 already , she gets a new one every year. she loves em! we use it sometimes when she comes in and we like it too! ryne being a bigger guy needs room , and that has enough room too ... the back where storage is is sooo roomy! ... uhm , there is a recall on some toyota's so i would find out 1st. im not sure which ones

mrs.olmstead
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:05 AM

hubbys really tall so we need somethign that he fits into too lol we are looking for an older one like 90s older so the recall isnt an issue :) thanx for the info!

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

so's mom & aunt have one ... his mom had 4 already , she gets a new one every year. she loves em! we use it sometimes when she comes in and we like it too! ryne being a bigger guy needs room , and that has enough room too ... the back where storage is is sooo roomy! ... uhm , there is a recall on some toyota's so i would find out 1st. im not sure which ones

brandi185
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM

we have one.  it is actually our second.  we had a 2003 and the only reason we got a new one (certified used actually) is because the newer models have a little more room.  we traded in the 2003 in 2007 and it was still working great.  we owed like 9000 on it and the trade in covered it.  we traded it in for a 2006 and we love it.  if you take care of toyotas they will last you at least 10 years.  my hubby's uncle had a tercel that lasted 15 years before it had a problem and that only costed him $70.  anyways back to the rav4.  i have not met anyone that hates it.  the only thing that might be a problem are the tires only because they are a rare size.  we paid about $900 to get new ones but the ones we got are good for 80,000 miles with warranty from goodyear.  that is the only complaint we've ever heard about rav4's.  we have the sport.  we go on lots of road trips and it fits all 4 of us (hubby, me, and 8 and 5 year old kids), our 2 dogs and luggage.

Orionsgirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I loved mine! The only complaint I had was that it didn't pick up speed on inclines too well. Otherwise it was a great fun car with enough room for kids and a great trunk. Plus it does really well in fender benders. I bumped the heck out of mine a few times and you couldn't even tell.

orionsgirl. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

brandi185
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM

if there is a recall you just contact your local toyota place and they should fix the problem for free.  you don't have to give the car back.  since the recalls (which i think are only for the 2010 models) are known they should have all the models on the lot fixed.  just go by your local toyota place and talk to a salesman and a mechanic in the repair shop about the recalls. 

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

hubbys really tall so we need somethign that he fits into too lol we are looking for an older one like 90s older so the recall isnt an issue :) thanx for the info!

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

brandi185
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Quoting Orionsgirl:

I loved mine! The only complaint I had was that it didn't pick up speed on inclines too well. Otherwise it was a great fun car with enough room for kids and a great trunk. Plus it does really well in fender benders. I bumped the heck out of mine a few times and you couldn't even tell.

our 2006 is a sport and we don't have the incline speed problem.

brandi185
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:15 AM

my hubby is 6 foot and wears cowboy hats and fits just fine.  everyone is always surprised at how much leg room is in the back seat too.  again this is for the 2006 and newer.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM

we had an older one.  sold it bought a new crv.  kinda regret not getting the rav (it cost more)  i really did like that car a lot better then my crv. 

aniyabel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I have a 2008 RAV4...so mercifully I avoided the recall:)

I love it.  It's my dream car.  Is that sad?:)  It's sooooo roomy, plenty of space, gets decent gas mileage, and I don't feel like I get shoved around on the road, which was a problem I was having with my Corolla.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)