Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel really guilty..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

That is what my friend said to me.

She feels guilty because her older two kids are in school and she takes the younger one out ot eat sometimes when she is out.

I asked her this morning if she wanted to take the kids and get some lunch and she said Well no becasue the older two can't and that isn't fair. I feel guitly when i do that.

Do you feel guilty when you do similar things? Since mine aren't in school i just don't get it? Next year my oldest will be in school fulltime so we'll see.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM

It doesn't make sense to feel guilty about that.  They were all that age once and got to do those things at one time, now it's the baby's turn.

mommasbabies77
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:05 AM
No I don't feel guilty. I have three and I take them out to lunch. Sometimes all and sometimes only one. Sometime my dh and I go when they are at school by ourselves.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM

No, I wouldn't feel guilty.  I have three kids - they don't always get the same stuff.  Each one gets something "special" at different times.  That is part of life!

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Wow imagine what those other kids feel that their little sister can't go anywhere or do anything fun because they can't be there.  

That lady sounds like she a bit cracked.

mferruz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I get it a little bit.  If my oldest knows we saw some friends or went to McDonalds while he was at school then he can get sad and that makes me feel bad that he missed it.  It doesn't change what I do, but I am grateful that my youngest doesn't tell him what we did that day, so it doesn't come up too often! 

Dull women have clean houses.

Just_Bethy

Quoting Dzyre1115:

It doesn't make sense to feel guilty about that.  They were all that age once and got to do those things at one time, now it's the baby's turn.

Yep..I agree....

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

nonna

You could try telling your friend that instead of looking at it like the older ones are left out, look at it like the youngest is getting something special.  The older ones get to go to school and learn and have friends & fun.  My dd starts preschool this fall and kindergarten next year, and I intend to take my ds out during the day and doing things with just him. 

~ Krystiana ~
                      Wife to Nick & Momma  to

Juliana ~ 03.11.2006                 Dylan ~ 02.16.2009

kaitlynsmom1230
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I sometimes feel guilty because when we go out to eat it's almost always when the boys are at their mom's house. We don't get to eat out often. And if the boys are with us, thats 5 people to feed. That adds up pretty quickly!

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

No, kids need one on one time too.

Army_Wife41
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM

My mom would treat us to lunch or something if we were out during the day. Even if we all weren't there. I see no reason to feel guilty.

If she feels that guilty, maybe one day she could buy her other kids a nice lunch and bring it up to school for them. Nothing wrong with that.

But no, I wouldn't feel guilty about it as long as all of my kids were eating lol.

baby

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)